- Company: Global Network of Civil Society Organisations for Disaster Reduction
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
GNDR is a network of organisations across 127 countries striving to build the resilience of disaster-prone communities.
GNDR is seeking a Project Coordinator to coordinate the implementation of a number of donor-funded projects. Applicants must be based in Delhi, Nairobi, Dakar or Guatemala City.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Coordinator responsible for coordinating and monitoring project activities and budgets; maintaining relations with project partners; producing donor reports; and capturing and disseminating learning and advocacy messaging.
The role will initially be responsible for GNDR’s flagship project, Views from the Front Line. VFL is implemented in 48 countries through partners, and seeks to capture local community perspectives on disaster risk and resilience and monitor the extent to which local actors are included in resilience planning processes. The project seeks to use these voices to influence local, national and international policymakers to achieve an inclusive “people-centred” approach to resilience-building. The role will take on coordination of other projects as required.
All candidates must:
- be educated to degree level in a relevant international development subject;
- have experience in project management in an international development or humanitarian context;
- have experience of institutional donor contract management;
- have a good understanding of disaster resilience and disaster risk management;
- be able to operate in English, with additional languages of French or Spanish being desirable
GNDR offers a competitive salary plus pension, specific to the country of residence. Please note expatriate benefits are not offered. Candidates must have the legal right to live and work in either India, Kenya, Senegal or Guatemala. Candidates from other countries will not be considered.