Project Manager Job, Finance Jobs December,
Position: Project Manager
Reporting to:Product Delivery & Operations Manager
Department1: Telkom Consumer Division
Who We Are
Telkom connects the people that keep Kenya on the move. It does this by providing integrated telecommunications solutions to individuals, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs), Government and large corporates in Kenya, drawing from a diverse solutions suite that includes voice, data, mobile money as well as network services. Powered by its vast fiber optic infrastructure, it is also a major provider of wholesale, carrier-to-carrier traffic within the country and the region.
The role is within the Digital Financial Services department in Telkom Kenya and is responsible for scoping, planning and managing the implementation of one or more high/ medium risk projects through to closure and to be responsible for the completion of all the designated activities and tasks contained on the work schedule through pro-active task, risk and issue management; reporting progress as required and ensuring stakeholders are kept engaged and informed where appropriate.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, scope, plan and manage the implementation of one or more high/ medium risk projects as assigned
- Assist the above with the development of the relevant products needed to support implementation
- Actively keep internal and external stakeholders sighted on key risks, issues and decisions – escalating where appropriate
- Actively work with internal stakeholders to ensure the project secures effective engagement at all levels within Telkom Kenya
- Develop and maintain an expert working knowledge of the project and therefore be a point of reference, information and expertise
- Pro-actively manage the quality and performance of the project and its products thereby ensuring work-streams and work-packages are delivered on time, to specification and budget
- Where appropriate, to manage some or all of the project budget under the guidance of the Product Delivery & Programs Manager.
- Bachelors’ degree in Business, Project Management or other relevant field
- Certification in Project Management
- Expert user of Microsoft Projects
- 3-5 years’ experience in Project Management within a Telecommunications or Financial Services environment
- At least 2 years previous Product Delivery or Project Management experience working within an agile environment
- A track record of successful project delivery working across multiple teams, on multiple products in a fast paced, market driven environment.
Here are the skills we are looking for/Competencies
- Project Management
- Project Management (scoping, planning and execution)
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Risk and Issue management
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicts (people and tasks)
- Networking, engagement, persuasion, influencing and communications skills
- Excellent Written, oral and presentations skills
- Tact and diplomacy skills when managing sensitive issues in a discreet manner
- Experienced and highly competent in the use of MS Project, and other MS Office applications
How to Apply
Application should be sent to [email protected] by providing an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV) before 14 th December 2020 including details of your current telephone contacts and names of three referees.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted .
Telkom Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to tribe, religion, gender, age or disability.