- Company: Q-Sourcing Servtec Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Q-Sourcing Servtec Group is a global management consulting firm that helps people make significant improvements to their business performance and realize their most important career goals.
Lead the development, deployment, and operation of our software in AWS (Amazon Web Services) enabling frequent, secure, and reliable release of software to production. Ensure high availability of production systems. The full set of our bespoke software in development, test and production environments for our businesses in Kenya, Tanzania and elsewhere
Duties And Responsibilities
- Lead a distributed team of DevOps Engineers.
- Automate and run the build, test, and deployment of our software in AWS
- Provide guidance to development teams to improve performance and operability of the solutions they develop.
- The DevOps Team Lead will lead a distributed team of colleagues and consultants in Kenya, Tanzania, China, UK, USA and elsewhere.
- CircleTech delivers a 24hour service to customers. The DevOps Team Lead may be required to work overnight and weekends to resolve urgent technical incidents or to make changes at a time that causes least disruption to customers.
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and related build processes.
- Implement monitoring tools to detect issues, measure performance and provide telemetry for developers.
- Build automated testing to reduce manual effort and improve product quality.
- Ensure that systems meet business and customer needs for reliability and availability by designing and building infrastructure that delivers high uptime using high-availability designs and self-healing systems
- Develop operational dashboards and alarms and monitor performance and capacity and introduce solutions to maintain service levels.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and catch and solve issues before release
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to analyze and troubleshoot complex production issues.
- Ensure security good practice is followed in deployment and operations.
- Lead in establishing DevOps practices
- Promote DevOps principles and culture across the software engineering organization.
- Mentor and coach junior-level DevOps engineers.
Knowledge, Skills, And Experience
- Degree in Information Technology or equivalent
- AWS qualifications an advantage.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with AWS particularly EC2, VPC, Lambda functions, DynamoDB, Kinesis, Cloud Formation, CloudTrail and CloudWatch.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience leading a technology team
- Ability to motivate and coach junior DevOps Engineers.
- Expertise in CI/CD tools such as AWS Code deploy
- Some experience in one or more database systems including Dynamo DB, MySQL, or PostgreSQL
- Experience of monitoring tools such as Graphana and Data Dog
- Good understanding of Information Security in web applications.
- Excellent network design and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Python
- Enthusiasm to continually improve skills and learn new technologies
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply