- Company: Internews Network
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Acronis Jobs in Kenya
Internews is an international is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower local media worldwide to give people the news and information they need, the ability to connect and the means to make their voices heard.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Under the supervision of the Manager for Regional Program Accounting, this position is responsible for providing accounting and compliance support to local field offices, including training, transactional review and oversight functions. Basic tasks include the review of accounting documents, multiple monthly account reconciliations, and general reporting functions. In addition, this position may support a wide range of other duties within the Finance and Accounting department.
DAY-TO-DAY TASKS will include:
- Reviews field finance reports, vouchers and supporting documentation, bank reconciliations, and other financial data received from field operations.
- Prepares and/or reviews entries for posting in Accounting system.
- Trains and supports field office accountants in accounting procedures, Internews policies and procedures and funder financial rules and regulations.
- Provides ERP support to field offices, including new employee training, continued learning, and troubleshooting.
- Provides support for audits by reviewing schedules, providing documentation and on-site representation in the field offices.
- Supports Field office setup and close out of projects and offices.
- Communicates closely with field office finance, human resources, and administrative staff, and provides support and training as needed.
- Supports the Manager, Regional Program Accounting, other Regional Program Accountants, and performs accounting duties as assigned.
- Responsible for the correct, complete, and timely transmittal of accounting data from field office accountants to headquarters.
- In all duties, understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Professional fluency in both French and English, including the ability to effectively conduct formal trainings and informal conversations
- Relevant university degree
- Solid experience of progressively complex accounting experience
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple ongoing assignments, and manage time effectively
- Proven ability to build capacity of staff in field offices on accounting policies and procedures
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
Note: Candidates who do not have these preferred qualifications, but who are interested and willing to learn, are encouraged to apply.
- Accounting Certification or advanced degree (ACCA, CIMA, CPA, CA, CMA, MBA, etc.)
- Experience working with international donors, in particular UN, US government and European donors
- Experience working with remote teams
- Familiarity with Unit 4 ERP accounting software