Reporting to the Programs Director, the incumbent is responsible for providing leadership in the resource mobilization strategy in response to the emerging opportunities and challenges. The incumbent will serve as the resources mobilization focal point for NCCK Programme activities and operations.
Development of a Resource Mobilization Strategy/Policy
- Facilitate the development of a NCCK Resource Mobilization Strategy that ensures there is a clear, systematic, predictable and well-coordinated approach to soliciting, acquiring, utilization, management and reporting funding from development Partners.
- Work with each staff responsible for Thematic/Result Areas to identify key funding gaps both in relation to Head Office and Regional Offices;
- Develop a 5-year funding needs assessment for NCCK
- Develop a Resource Mobilization Manual that includes standard operating procedures and processes; and define the direction of resource acquisition and utilization.
- Establish a Framework for Dialogue with Development Partners and local partners
Operationalization of the Strategy/Policy
- Lead the implementation of the Resource Mobilization strategy developed for NCCK Programmes.
- Establish and implement strategies and approaches that mobilize local resources
- Proactively identify funding opportunities, as soon as or ideally before they become public knowledge.
- Constantly scan the horizon, network and solicit donor intelligence and share information on donor profiles (policies, preferences, geographical focus),
- Develop and Strengthen Partnerships for Joint Proposal Writing especially with credible organizations in the country.
- Organize resource mobilization events e.g. Donor Round Tables.
Communications and Information Flow on Resource Mobilization
- Improved communication and information flow by developing an information by developing an information package outlining NCCK capability statement, structure, focus areas, past experience, case studies, contextual analysis etc. to help address information gaps and improve awareness about its existence and operations.
- Establish a Knowledge Management System witha repository for donor profiles, proposal templates and NCCK information. Modules on proposal writing could also be included.
- Increase the Use of NCCK Official Website as a premier vehicle for communicating to external audiences, including potential donors. Give input to the website administrator and provide services and tools to facilitate donor decision-making; including contact details for senior programme staff; develop and implement a standard operating procedure (SOP) for updating, posting and renewing information on the website.
Capacity for Resource Mobilization
- Build staff capacity on resource mobilization at all levels, including development of tools and skills to aid staff in resource mobilization.
- Clarify Roles and Responsibilities by clearly articulating and describing the roles and responsibilities for staff in resource mobilization at various levels i.e. national, regional and county.
- Internally, build a case for Resource Mobilization by sensitizing staff on the proposition for mobilizing resources; and getting key individuals to understand and fully embrace the concept and the roles and responsibilities associated to resource mobilization.
- Build the capacity within NCCK Secretariat team and strengthen the skills needed to generate additional funding.
- Maintain relations with donors and ensure they are informed on important operational Issues.
- Actively liaise with NCCK service departments, particularly with Finance and Operations to ensure proper allocation to overheads and ensure consistent flow of information to donors.
- Analyze proposals and finalize negotiations for contributions.
- Provide appropriate follow-up on all pending matters related to expenditure and monitor the fulfilment of all contractual obligations.
- Identify/define potential Funding Scenarios from which the program can be redirected (e.g. best, medium, worst cases, etc.)
- Undertake any other assignment as may be directed by the Management from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or its equivalent from a recognized University
- Diploma in Project Management is an added advantage
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences is an added advantage
- At least three to five years’ experience in the development sector, preferably in international, development donor assistance programmes, fundraising, resource mobilization, UN system operations
- Experience in partnership building, capacity building, networking and donor relations
- Experience in project management.
- Fluency in English language and working knowledge of Kiswahili is crucial.
- Ability to plan and organize work programme; ability to work with minimum supervision under own initiative; tact and ability to work harmoniously with people of different national and cultural backgrounds; demonstrated problem solving skills ability to conceptualize issues, think in abstract terms, and analyze numerical data.
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Skill in developing sources for data collection; good interpersonal skills; ability to work in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Knowledge of national and county level context in relation to NCCK thematic/result areas.
- Ability to work well with others and develop and maintain compatibility among programme staff, consultants, partners and beneficiaries.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of churches and church related institutions.
- Highly motivated team player, with strong interpersonal skills and ability to network and to maintain close and collaborative relations with donor partners.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should download the NCCK Job Application Form (Click Here to Download). Candidates are advised to STRICTLY send the application form ONLY, duly filled in PDF format to recruitment @ncck.org indicating job title in the email subject line. The application forms to be received not later than 12.00 noon on 15 th February 2019 . Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Public is advised that NCCK does NOT charge any fee whatsoever for application, processing, interviewing or securing employment.