- Company: Andela
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Andela provides companies with access to the top 1% of global tech talent. We identify high-potential developers on the African continent, shape them into world-class technical leaders, and pair them with companies as full-time, distributed team members. Accelerate your product roadmap while minimizing time spent interviewing, on-boarding, and training new hires. Andela is backed by investors including Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, Susa Ventures, Steve Case, Founder Collective, Learn Capital and more.
Where You’ll Work
Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in the world’s most talented software engineers.
What You’ll Do
- Use your knowledge in your core technology to delight our clients around the world.
- Be responsible for the coding standards, conduct and deliverables of your fast-paced, distributed, teams, by proactively communicating and prioritizing effectively.
- Design, scope, and implement technical solutions that scale across multiple web applications
- Collaboratively define and prioritize projects and tasks
- Drive thoughtful conversations around technical issues and opportunities
- Review code and provide thoughtful, constructive feedback for your team and the community
- Triage, reproduce, and debug technical support requests, bugs, and feature requests reported by users in our Issues on our website.
- Provide compassionate technical leadership, mentorship, pairing opportunities, and code reviews to encourage the growth of others
- Strong written communication skills
- High degree of empathy
- 5+ years experience as a full-time professional coder using Ruby on Rails.
- Experience team leading/management.
- Experience working asynchronously on a remote, distributed team (does not have to be professional experience – preferable)
- Ability to draw on both system design and software engineering concepts and blend those perspectives pragmatically based on project needs
- Experience building highly available services at scale
What You’ll Get
- Competitive compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better