Senior Officer – Business Resilience Job, IT Kenyan Jobs 2022,
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in Senior Officer – Business Resilience. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Enterprise Risk , this position is responsible for coordinating and facilitating all business contingency planning activities.
The person who fills this position is expected to interact with the all COEs, business units, tribes, critical suppliers and other stakeholders for the purpose of planning, directing, controlling, and maintaining Business Continuity Programme.
- Coordinates the design, implementation, operation and maintenance of the Business Continuity Management System including certification where applicable
- Forms a “center of excellence” for business continuity management, for example offering internal management consultancy advice and practical assistance on redundancy and recovery matters throughout the organization and promoting the commercial advantages of managing business continuity risks more efficiently and effectively.
Assist COEs, business units and tribes with:
- Definition of Critical, time-sensitive functions that form part of the business continuity playbook
- Design, development, and documentation of work area (business function) business continuity plans.
- Coordination of development of business unit schedules for annual business continuity documentation maintenance and update, exercises, and independent review and validation.
Training and Awareness
Ensuring all personnel with specific Business Continuity responsibilities are adequately trained to fulfill their assigned responsibilities. Ensuring all employees maintain their familiarity with the relevant provisions of the Business Continuity Plans.
Testing and Exercising
Ensuring that all technical components of the Business Continuity Plans are successfully tested at least annually, or whenever significant changes are made to those components. Planning and coordinating at least one simulation exercise a year, involving all critical business units. Documenting the results of all tests and exercises and identifying any recommended enhancements to the Business Continuity Plans and Procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Eng./Computer Science/ Information Technology (or equivalent) from a recognized university.
- Experience working with agile methodologies, such as Scrum and Kanban
- At least 4 years proven experience in Risk Management and/or Business continuity Management and /or IT
- Business continuity certification training on ISO 22301 an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of GSM and IT is preferable
- Detailed knowledge of cross-functional operations and impact of one department on another
- Excellent report writing, interpersonal skills and presentation skills
How to Apply