Reporting to the HOD – IT Infrastructure & Shared Applications , the position holder will be responsible for for Infrastructure Strategy execution as well as planning, delivering, and maintaining all infrastructure (on premise and cloud), database administration, system administration and moving to containerization as part of cloud native strategy.
- Regular team and one-on-one engagements
- Build the skillset according to the fit for future program
- Team performance management
- E2E responsibility for planning and implementation of Data Centre infrastructure – Servers, Storage, (Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Data Management and NFV)
- E2E responsibility for planning, implementation and maintaining of Container management platform to support next generation Cloud services.
- Lead Safaricom in the identification and implementation of OCP Initiatives as part of IT Modernization.
- E2E accountability for design and planning of Open Compute technology.
- E2E accountability for sourcing and deployment of OCP solutions in Safaricom.
- Benefits realization of OCP initiatives which includes reduction in CAPEX, OPEX, Power and Cooling costs.
- Accountable for planning, building and maintaining all IT infrastructure (Server, Storage, Operating Systems, Virtualization and Containers)
- Responsible for Patching our Infrastructure.
- Responsible for LifeCycle Management of Infrastructure.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- Ten or more years of experience in IT Infrastructure and Operations, preferably in designing, building and managing large infrastructure across multiple data centres and cloud environments.
- Over seven years of leadership responsibilities in large delivery organizations, managing cross-functional teams and/or organization-wide programs, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively within complex context
- 7+ years’ experience in cloud and infrastructure management
- Project Management and Agile Certifications
- Experience in IT strategic planning and evolution roadmap delivery
- Solid technical background, with hands-on experience in automated; agile environments delivering infrastructure; monitoring and tooling to high-traffic web applications
- Professional experience and knowledge of digital and Telecommunications industries strongly preferred
How to Apply