We are pleased to announce the following vacancy for Manager – Market Regulation within Corporate Affairs Division . In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below.
Brief Posting Description
Reporting to the Senior Manager – Public Policy and Market Regulation the role holder will provide Safaricom with skilled and professional analytical and advisory services, with an emphasis on regulatory and public policy issues, handling regulatory consumer-related matters, industry engagements, policy review, research, management of interconnection and regulatory contracts and related inter-operator activities of Safaricom.
- Provide guidance in the management of queries and disputes arising from. Regulators such as the CA, CAK, KCAA, NEMA etc and escalations from other business functions.
- Disputes from Interconnection and other regulatory agreements. Ensure all the required procedures under the agreement and regulations are observed in resolving the dispute.
- To substantively respond to consumer-related complaints from CA, CAK etc.
Regulatory Products and Services Support
- Obtain timely approvals from CA for the launch of products and services.
- Advise and support commercial units on regulatory requirements for roll out of products and services.
- Identify regulatory opportunities for launch of new innovations.
- Ensure Terms and Conditions for new products and services are customer centric and comply with consumer protection laws.
Wholesale Contract Management
- Negotiate, draft, review and file management of
- Interconnection agreements for national, IDD and VoIP
- Roaming and signalling contracts
- International carrier agreements
- Co-location and facility sharing agreements.
- National capacity leases
- Participate and represent Safaricom in industry events.
- Articulate business position in industry events.
- Support in strategizing and execution of stakeholder engagement initiatives.
- Maintain positive relationships between Safaricom, Regulators, National Government and other stakeholders that will assist Safaricom achieve its commercial objectives.
- Contribute in developing industry policy, legislation, guidelines and codes of practice.
- Represent Safaricom in industry initiatives i.e. Child Online Safety and Child Online Protection, Subscriber Registration etc.
- Oversee adoption of industry policies and legislative changes into internal processes, products and services.
- Engage and participate actively in industry initiatives to ensure unified approach to common industry concerns for the benefit of Safaricom.
- A degree in law or a business-related field from a recognized university.
- Certification in Public Policy, Legislative drafting would be an advantage.
- A minimum of four years’ experience in an ICT company or regulatory authority
- In-depth understanding of the Kenyan ICT regulatory framework and environment
- Advanced knowledge and experience in negotiating and drafting technical contracts
How To Apply