Reporting to the Senior Manager; Network and M-PESA Audits , the position holder will be responsible for leading, planning, executing and documenting Information System audits in the Network Domain in accordance with the internal audit plan as well as leading risk assessments for proactive risk identification, assurance and advisory .
- Assess the risks inherent in the company’s systems and recommend measures to mitigate them;
- Participation in the overall development and delivery of the audit plan
- Conduct system audits to provide assurance on the adequacy of controls to mitigate and/or manage the technology risk to acceptable levels.
- Assess the effectiveness of control areas such application controls, information security, change & incident management, business continuity planning, capacity management, quality of service, data protection standards, logging techniques deployed etc.
- Providing independent assurance during system implementations / upgrade of systems.
- Prepare deliverables/reports for senior management that include insights into thematic issues, trends and best practices.
- Follow up audit recommendations and validate the implementation of resolution actions.
- Manage assignment level quality requirements in all audit work in conformance to internal policies and audit standards .
- Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science or related field from a recognized university.
- 5-7 years’ experience in IT auditing/assurance preferably in technology-intensive organization (audit firm, telecom, financial services institution, utility, technology company).
- Experience in the use of data analysis tools
- Knowledge of networks technology, operating systems, communication technologies, and assurance methodologies.
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills
- Excellent communication and reporting skills
- Proven ability to self-start and effectively manage multiple assignments.
- The ability to work under pressure and be resilient and tenacious to get results
- Professional Qualifications in IT audit (such as CISA) or information technology service management frameworks (ITIL / COBIT) or similar certifications is desirable.
- Detailed understanding of the GSM environment would be an advantage.
How to Apply