School Chaplain Jobs, Pastoral Jobs, Nova Pioneer Jobs
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Chaplain who will be in charge of assisting the school community to provide pastoral care and general spiritual, social and emotional comfort to all students, irrespective of their faith or beliefs. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that are developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 6 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Working closely with the Dean of Students, the Dean of Residential Life and the School Counselor to plan for and deliver student resilience and wellbeing services.
- To be the Chairperson of the Chaplain’s Committee, which comprises parents, representation from the school’s Management and the Chaplaincy, for purposes of planning the religious services for each school term.
- In consultation with the office of The Principal, to prepare a schedule for Sunday services during the school terms, which has the Theme for the term and list of speakers invited to preach. Over and above this, the Chaplaincy supports the Patron of the Christian Union for activities both in school and out of school.
- To work in conjunction with the patrons of the Christian Union, YCS and the Adventist Congregation to organize programmes for the spiritual well-being and growth of the pupils, in accordance with their faith affiliation. The Muslim community already has oversight through a different member of staff.
- To provide students, their families and staff with support and or appropriate referrals in difficult situations such as during times of grief or when students are facing personal or emotional challenges.
- To organize one-on-one or group sessions with students, parents, staff and other members of the school community as requested and required by the school community.
- To deliver peer leadership programs. This will encompass leadership roles within the Christian Union, The YCS and other similar programmes. The Chaplain may also offer other suggestions of peer leadership opportunities for consideration.
- To contribute to school newsletters and other publications that share information with our stakeholders.
- To attend PTA/ Parents’ Associations meetings to provide details of the program and the services that are available.
Note: Since Saturdays and Sundays are active days for the majority of the community, the Chaplain will have a day off during the week. The Chaplain is entitled to leave, which should be taken during the school holidays. The role will require you to reside within Eldoret.
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then Apply Now!
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.