- Company: KCB Bank Kenya
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
The Scrum Master manages the Agile practice execution, ensuring it is understood and enacted. The primary goal of the Scrum Master is to assist the team in meeting delivery goals and operates as a servant leader who helps team to self-organize, self-manage, and deliver via effective Agile practice and shall be the facilitator for our agile team working under the scrum methodology. The role holder will be responsible for delegating tasks appropriately and ensuring the team is working on the right tasks at the right time. He will also work together with Technology relation team and product owners to ensure a healthy product portfolio and to translate epics, stories, and other items on the sprint list into actionable tasks for development organization.
- Ownership and accountability of establishing agile values, methods, principles and practices and their application for the delivery of projects and business initiatives and acts as an evangelist for adoption agile methodology within the enterprise.
- Ensures that the Scrum Team is provided with an environment conducive for project delivery while facilitating discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution and helps to remove any impediments to the project delivery.
- The Scrum Master guides, facilitates, coaches, mentor and teaches agile standards and Scrum practices (e.g., Lean, Kanban, Scrum, XP, DevOps, SAFe, LeSS etc) to the scrum, project teams and the whole development organization.
- Organizes and facilitates and leading scrum ceremonies (sprint planning meeting, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, sprint retrospects etc), events, meetings, and decision-making processes.
- Collaborates closely with Product Owners and Technology Relationship Management teams to prepare and clarify the Prioritized Product Backlog and the Definition of the Done Criteria and facilitates Prioritized Product Backlog Reviews with the product owner.
- Facilitates identification of the stakeholders and manages the stakeholders and vendors as required for business projects or initiatives
- Responsible for creating release plans including deliverables and the release deadline, plans and estimates the highest value deliverables for the next release
- Demonstrate and Validate Sprints by facilitating presentation of completed Deliverables by the Scrum Team for the Product Owner’s approval
- Supports the Scrum Team in determining the length of sprint, creating the deliverables, identification of tasks and effort estimation for the tasks agreed for a sprint.
- Monitoring progress and performance of the scrum teams and institute mechanisms geared towards making improvements in terms of self-organization, productivity, and efficiency.
- Keeping the organization up to date on the progress of the scrum team’s projects & initiatives by preparing and presenting status reports to stakeholders.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Information Technology or related field from a recognized institution.
- 5 years’ progressive experience in Information Technology with at least 3 years’ experience successfully implementing projects using Agile & Scrum methodology.
- Scrum Master Certification is required.
- Technical knowledge of software development processes and procedures.
- Experience in administering burndown technologies, retrospective formats, and handling bugs.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and leadership skills.