- Company: Rainforest Alliance
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
The Rainforest Alliance is a growing network of people who are inspired and committed to working together to achieve our mission of conserving biodiversity and ensuring sustainable livelihoods. Through creative, pragmatic collaboration, we aim to rebalance the planet by building strong forests and healthy communities around the world.
The Senior Associate, Human Resources & Finance Africa (SA-HRFA) works under the supervision of the HR Business Partner Africa & Asia Pacific and the Finance Manager Africa and in close collaboration with the Finance & Administrative staff in Africa. The SA-HRFA supports a broad range of HR functions related to recruitment, performance management, learning & development, human resource information system (HRIS) , team building and supports the financial management & performance, planning and budgeting, financial reporting & monitoring and communication and training on financial policies & procedures.
Human Resources (50%)
- Support recruitment, onboarding, performance management and staff development;
- Maintain an overview of staff benefits and ensure a regular check of HRIS data;
- Coordinate the drafting and updating of employee handbooks;
- Manage team building events;
- Support to monthly payroll approval
- Contribute to cross regional learnings;
- Give support to specific HR-projects.
- Support the Finance Manager in achieving the financial targets and performance;
- Assist in donor financial reporting and monitoring;
- Assist in proposals budget development;
- Contribute to the annual planning and budgeting process;
- Manage the communication and training on financial policies and procedures and donor requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in business administration, human resources management, finance management or related field;
- Minimum 5-7 years’ professional experience in human resource management and finance management with bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years of experience with a Master’s degree;
- Knowledge and experience in recruitment, onboarding, learning & development, HRIS, and understanding of payroll and HR legal compliance.
- Knowledge and experience in budgeting, financial reporting & monitoring and financial systems;
- Written and verbal proficiency in English; French reading and speaking is an asset;
- Excellent computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel;
- Ability to work independently and to work with shifting priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to handle sensitive information confidentially; and
- Experience in a not-for-profit and international environment preferred.
Commensurate with experience.