- Company: Google
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - Google Jobs in KenyaIT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Google is an American multinational technology company specializing in Internet-related services and products that include online advertising technologies, search, cloud computing, software, and hardware.
About The Job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.” User Experience Researchers (UXRs) make this possible.
User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers who care deeply about the people who use our products. We play an integral part in gathering insights about product user needs, attitudes, emotions, and behaviors to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other, engineering, and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for our users and Google’s businesses.
As a User Experience Researcher (UXR), you’ll help your team of UXers, product managers, and engineers understand user needs. You’ll play a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products. Working with stakeholders across functions and levels, you’ll have impact at all stages of product development. You’ll explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, usability testing, and logs analysis.
The UXR community at Google is unique and will help you do your best work. You’ll have the opportunity to work with and learn from UXRs across Google through regular meetups, mentor programs, and access to internal research tools.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Bachelor’s degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Psychology, Computer Science, Behavioral Economics, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience conducting online research utilizing ethnographic methods, online behavioral experiments, and surveys.
- Experience utilizing qualitative methods and integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Human Factors, Psychology, Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Computer Science, Information Science, or a related field.
- Experience with research and insights in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Knowledge of User Experience research methods and techniques, such as lab-based usability studies, field research, usability inspections, creation of user profiles or personas, participatory design, survey research, experiment design, and statistical analysis.
- Assist a team of User Experience, Product Managers, and Engineers to understand user needs.
- Explore user behaviors and motivations by conducting primary research such as field studies, interviews, diary studies, participatory workshops, ethnography, surveys, and usability testing.
- Work with stakeholders across functions and levels, providing impact on all stages of product development.
- Serve a critical role in creating useful, usable, and delightful products.