- Company: Microsoft
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world’s largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world’s most valuable companies.
You will join a diverse and enthusiastic team that believe work should be both challenging and fun. Our team is dedicated to creating an inclusive culture. We’re looking for someone who wants to learn, grown, and embody new ways of working. If you embrace growth mindset, have a track record of delivering results, and you light up collaborating with other researchers, designers, product managers and engineers this is an awesome team to join.
As a user researcher on our team, you will be responsible for collaborating closely with an interdisciplinary team of researchers, designers, and engineers to drive customer feedback and research findings into future iterations of the product. You will also have a role in providing opportunities for the development team to connect with customers in order for all to connect more deeply with those whom we build products for.
In this role you will be expected to employ a wide range of research methodologies including moderated and unmoderated usability studies, interviews, surveys, competitive benchmarks, A/B testing, ethnographic field research, participatory designs, user modeling, etc. You will also have an opportunity to innovate on new methods, and practices that contribute to our UX community. Ultimately, we’re looking for someone to help actively evolve the discipline while influencing the product teams to make impactful decisions.
- Deeply understand the needs, behaviors and scenarios of Microsoft 365 products.
- Have a strong sense of human-centered design and how to apply it in practice.
- Build and execute research plan(s) that provide deep customer insights needed to impact our roadmap.
- Communicate the research findings and recommendations to the product team.
- Collaborate with design, research, program management, and engineering teams to deliver valuable end-to-end user experiences across multiple screens and input modalities.
- Drive insights effectively through the software development process, partnering with stakeholders and other disciplines.
- 5+ years’ experience working as a user researcher or another relevant field.
Additional Or Preferred Qualifications
- BA/BS or MA/MS in Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, or Social Science related fields.
- Broad range of experience in UX research methodologies, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Agile and creative, thriving in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starting abilities with natural ability to identify what’s next.
- Track record of collaborating across multiple disciplines (design, engineering) to drive change into products.
If the above sounds like you, we can’t wait to talk to you5