- Company: Silensec
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Silensec is an Information Security Management Consulting and Training company. Silensec was initially created to utilise the skills of renowned professionals in Information Security, as a direct response to what we felt was a lack of practical training in the industry. Today, we collaborate with hundreds of clients worldwide to deliver a wide range of Information Security services. These services are both cost effective and strictly aimed towards our clients’ business goals. Silensec was founded by Dr. Almerindo Graziano to initially provide training and consultancy services in information security and IT governance. Since then we at Silensec have provided training and consulting services to 353 clients around the world. In 2009 we founded Silensec Africa in Nairobi, Kenya to be able to service clients in the African region. Over the last few years, Silensec has built strong relationships with consulting companies and opinion leaders in the international arena. That has allowed the company to achieve a greater area of expertise, an improved operational flexibility and above all, a better understanding of clients’ needs.
The SOC Manager is responsible for leading the Silensec ISO27001-Certified 24×7 SOC team of security analysts and experts, delivering SOC services to Silensec’s clients across different industries and around the world. The SOC Manager will help deliver the vision of redefining traditional SOC services and operations. The SOC Manager will plan, direct and control the SOC functions and operations, ensure the monitoring and analysis of security incidents to protect People, Technology and Process. The SOC Manager will also direct the Cyber Intelligence capability to identify relevant threats and threat actors, informing the delivery of the SOC services.
- Leading and managing the 24×7 SOC Team to deliver services to Silensec clients worldwide
- Managing all aspects of the incident response process in line with contractual SLAs
- Overseeing and managing internal and external support processes and procedure in line with client SLAs and internal OLAs
- Ensuring compliance to regulatory, security standards and best practice requirements to achieve operational objectives and excellence
- Managing effectively and efficiently the SOC resources to achieve business objectives
- Leading the SOC strategy development and implementation.
- Revising and developing the SOC processes to strengthen and improve the current SOC maturity level
- Delivering regular reporting and presentation to Silensec clients and the Silensec Senior Management.
- Integrating cyber threat intelligence to develop use cases for security monitoring
- Leading the regular hiring of the SOC staff and overall development of the SOC cyber capabilities
- Performing planned appraisals of the SOC team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years Security leadership, with experience building long-term career development plans for team members at all levels.
- Experience in working with international clients
- Exceptional operational rigor with extensive real-world experience in ITIL methodologies and frameworks for IT operations.
- Experience in designing, implementing and measuring relevant security and technology management critical success factors, key performance indicators, and metrics.
- Experience in managing a SOC team, from operational perspective
- In-depth knowledge of modern security concepts and how to apply them.
- Familiarity with governance, risk and compliance concepts eg ISO27001, PCI DSS SOC 2, CCPA, GDPR.
- Experience in managing and maintaining relationships between security vendors from around the world.
- Proven technical expertise in the use enterprise security products and solutions.
- Proven ability to diagnose and troubleshoot technical issues required in mixed environment running both Windows and Linux operating systems
- Proven ability to make decisions and perform complex problem-solving activities under pressure.
- Previous management and project leadership experience required.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred from a recognized university in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or similar area of study
- Training and certifications in the areas of Cyber threat intelligence, Blue Team, Purple Team Adversarial Emulation, MITRE ATT&CK Framework