- Company: Microsoft
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
Microsoft Corporation (commonly referred to as Microsoft or MS) is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers. Its flagship hardware products are the Xbox video game consoles and the Microsoft Surface tablet lineup. As of 2011, it was the world’s largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world’s most valuable companies.
To address the increasing customer interest in Windows Containers, we are seeking experienced engineers to drive the development of a smooth and competitive end-to-end customer experience for Windows containers on Kubernetes. You will be a champion in enabling Windows containers as a first-class citizen in open-source projects like Kubernetes. You will work with the partner teams to build the “bridge tooling” alongside the community to bridge the gap between Windows and cloud native technologies.
To be successful, this role requires?a?strong passion for customers, the open-source community and technology.
- Design, implement, and stabilize high-quality features to facilitate customer adoption of Windows containers on Kubernetes.
- Break down complex, interconnected systems to identify improvements
- Maintain close technical relationship with partner teams, provide technical leadership and be a mentor for junior members of the team.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of software development/design experience with at least 1-year strong coding experience in C#/Java/Go
- Fantastic problem solving, debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with operating systems and/or windows containers
- Experience in engaging and contributing to Opens Source projects and software.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Azure Kubernetes is an added advantage
- Solid communication and collaboration skills
- Great at dealing with ambiguity
- Working experience in C/C++ is an added advantage