- Company: Java House
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: - - Accounting Jobs in KenyaCiti Bank Jobs in KenyaFinance Jobs in Kenya
Citibank N.A. Kenya has been operating in Kenya since 1974 and has two branches in Nairobi and Mombasa, serving Corporate and Institutional clients. Citibank Kenya is the regional hub for the Citi East Africa cluster, which covers Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and Zambia. It’s the only solely corporate bank in Kenya. Businesses Citi Kenya is structured around business segments, product groups, operations and technology and staff units. The business segment that caters to our diverse customer base is our Institutional Clients Group, which includes the global relationship banking services we provide for top-tier local corporate clients. As a part of our business focus and broader market reach, in 1999 we expanded our target market to cater to the emerging and vibrant middle and lower market tiers. We also have a financial institutions group that is responsible for our businesses with other banks, insurance companies and other non-banking financial institutions. We offer a range of banking services to companies, including commercial finance, inter-bank transactions, investment services, deposits, cash management and electronic banking. We assist our customers with managing their finances to increase the value of their investments and finance their projects. Citi Kenya also provides global transaction services, treasury and corporate finance services. Citi’s mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients. We have 200 years of experience helping our clients meet the world’s toughest challenges and embrace its greatest opportunities. We are Citi, the global bank – an institution connecting millions of people across hundreds of countries and cities.
The role is a Revenue generating role responsible for origination, structuring, execution and on-going client management of Trade & Working Capital deals across SSA. It is critically required to support the future growth in revenues and development of solutions to client’s needs. This will support the significant growth plans that SSA Trade & Working Capital has built into the Strategy plan.
The Structured Trade Head leads a small team directly, yet interacts with multiple teams through other managers and directly. In-depth understanding of how own sub-function (Trade Structuring) contributes to achieving the objectives of the function (Trade & Working Capital). A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors’ products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of the strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. External communication/negotiation is also necessary e.g. with clients, lawyers, vendors etc. Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing/involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities.
- The Structured Trade Head is responsible for overseeing the Trade Structuring Transactors, Analysts and Specialists within SSA, across all industry and client segments
- There will be a small group of Full Time Equivalents managed within the group and the portfolio will be material to the overall Trade & Working Capital business
- Responsible for setting the strategy for the team, managing the budget, driving origination, structuring and executing transactions across SSA
- Responsible for coordinating up with the SSA Trade & Working Capital Head to set and manage the overall Pillar
- Responsible for executing against his/her financial and risk framework and reporting on a monthly basis against their targeted goals and objectives
- Designated as the first line of defense in regards to the governance and management of the Product, Credit Risk, Operational Risk and Compliance Risk for sub-function
- Effective and timely coordination with the respective Coverage, Client Solutions, and Support functions within SSA
- Represent Citi\TTS\Trade at the respective industry forums and councils for Trade Structuring matters or as requested
- Proactively identify market conditions and trends that impact the Product Pillar or function, and provide timely, viable and manageable solutions to address as needed
- Credit Structuring skills and risk assessment experience within the Trade Finance, Commodities, Asset Distribution, EAF Pillars and Trade & Working Capital Credit processes – Global Deal Review
- Product knowledge of Trade Product set and the critical essential conditions as outlined in the Global Product Programs and Risk Acceptance Criteria
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 15+ years of experience, including 8-10+ years’ managerial experience
- Extensive Trade Product and Credit Risk Management and Principle experience
- Knowledge of the Citi Infrastructure (or similar) processes in regards to Risk management and Operational processing within SSA
- Exceptional organization skills
- Tertiary level education
- Bachelor’s/University degree, Master’s degree preferred and managerial experience