Supply Chain Manager Job, Latest Supply Chain Jobs,
Africa Nazarene University (ANU) is an accredited non-profit Private Christian University and is part of a Network of 21 Higher Education Institutions sponsored by the Church of the Nazarene International, with a mission to provide a holistic education that develops individuals academically, spiritually, culturally, socially and physically to equip them with excellent skills, competencies and Christian values to enable them to go into the world well prepared to meet the challenges and opportunities of their time.
The University seeks to engage a suitable and qualified candidate for the following position:
Manager, Supply Chain Management (1 Post)
The Manager, Supply Chain Management will be responsible for the sourcing, developing terms, and acquiring of quality goods, services or works often via a tendering or competitive bidding process, to support the University’s delivery of services to both its external and internal customers.
- Develop procurement strategy, program, policy, procedures, plan and
- Establish and manage a suppliers’ master data list by analyzing requests for quotation from various departments, market conditions, present and future material availability and merchandise Communicate list of approved preferred suppliers/vendors/ service providers to the management and employees.
- Oversee the process of tendering by chairing the bid evaluation committee and prepare a consolidated report on the bid process. Review, evaluate, and approve specifications for issuing and awarding
- Lead the contract negation and contract signing with preferred suppliers for future procurement on agreed terms and Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy and signing memorandum of understanding with approved suppliers for term of delivery, payment and other supply related matters.
- Manage vendor and supplier relationships. Liaise with suppliers to clarify issues arising from the supplied product, scope/description, pricing, service level duration stated on contractual terms and conditions of Resolve vendor or contractor grievances, and claims against the procurement amicably or by liaising with the University’s legal team.
- Work with internal departments to assess the performance of outsourced agencies/ vendors/ suppliers, and to process the periodic settlement of fees as per pre-established terms and conditions
- Set overall methods to control inventory levels including minimum/maximum levels, safety stocks and order polices for various types of
- Mentor, coach and supervise subordinate
- Develop and monitor the department annual plan and
- Provide technical advice and reports to management when
Academic, Professional qualifications and Experience
- Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- Relevant professional qualification
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- Minimum of six (6) years of relevant experience
Skills and Competencies
- Executive disposition, and demonstrate high levels of integrity
- Ability to develop long term integrated and cross-functional operational plans
- Ability to operationalize strategy into action for the function
- Business/Financial acumen, business savvy, innovative
- Strategic management skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizing and planning skills
- Negotiation skills
How To Apply
Suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply in confidence through the email [email protected] not later than 1 st March 2021 enclosing a Curriculum Vitae with details of current post, salary and other financial benefits, academic and professional certificates and testimonials, names and addresses of three referees( one of whom should be present or previous employer). Kindly indicate job title in the subject of the email. ANU is an equal opportunity employer and any canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.N.B: Would you like us to consider you for a job opening? Boost your job search. . It's FREE