If you are looking for a challenge in a rapid environment in the aviation services industry and are motivated to work in a multicultural company and a position that allows you to put your ideas into practice, this will be an excellent opportunity for you.
Swissport is recruiting for the position of Equipment Operator based at Moi International Airport.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that operational excellence is delivered without compromising on quality, safety and service delivery.
Primary Duties / Essential Functions
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors, tow bars, belt loaders, container loaders, baggage tugs, aircraft ground power units, aircraft air start units, air stairs, aircraft baggage carts, cargo dollies, ambulift , Vehicles and passenger vans in a safe and efficient manner and in accordance to license provided and within designated areas.
- Ensure that company equipment is secured from loss or damage.
- Reporting any incident, accident OR Damage of Aircraft or GSE in accordance with the written procedures.
- Uphold and protect the company’s interests and image while at the Airside
- Protect customer carrier – supplied products – e.g. ULD’s, Aircraft etc. from loss or damage by strictly adhering to written down procedures.
- Ensuring serviceability of company equipment before operating it and reporting to the Supervisor where the equipment has been found to have a defect.
- Preparing the ramp/apron area in readiness for provision of quality service to our customer carrier by setting up serviceable equipment, ensuring the equipment is parked within safe zones and performing FOD checks.
- Loading and offloading aircraft hold of customer carriers off passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies as instructed by the Supervisor or person appointed to undertake flight Supervision.
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Collect and load mail, live animals, wheelchairs and child strollers onto aircraft
- Inspect ramp areas adjacent to gate and aircraft for debris and remove/dispose of when found and maintain a tidy working environment.
- Comply with all Swissport, airport authority, and carrier security requirements and ensure that driving license is valid at all times.
- Strictly adhere to ramp safety rules and regulations at all times.
- Check cargo and baggage for signs of hazards as per DGR requirements.
- KCSE Minimum C-
- Professional Experience: Aviation industry or hospitality industry experience preferred
- Excellent communication skills
- Valid Class driving licence with at least 3 years competence in driving
- Experience: Prior experience in aviation and maintenance background is an added advantage
How to Apply
Application letter and CV should be forwarded via email with a subject line: Application for Equipment Operator to: [email protected]:
The Human Resource Manager
Swissport Kenya Limited
P.O. Box 19177, 00501 Nairobi
Swissport is an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
Be part of the team that brings Swiss time to African soil!
Closing Date: April 18, 2022.