Systems Administrator Jobs, ICT Jobs, CUEA Jobs
The Catholic University of Eastern Africa (CUEA) is a chartered private international university which enjoys a heritage of 35 solid years of offering quality education grounded on values. Our vision is to be a world-class university producing transformative leaders for Church and society. Our mission is to promote excellence in research, teaching and community service by preparing morally upright leaders based on the intellectual
tradition of the Catholic Church. We wish to recruit dynamic, qualified and result-oriented persons to fill the following position;
Systems Administrator (1) – ADICT/CUEA/01
Reporting: Reports to the Head of ICT.
• Responsible for setting up, configuration and fine-tuning of various ICT systems at the
• Ensure that all the systems regularly patched, backed up (onsite and offsite) and tested
• Ensure the availability of computer resources by managing disaster prevention and
• Manage disaster recovery plans to ensure the security of all ICT systems;
• Coordinate testing and implementation of system upgrades and new installations;
• Systems capacity and licensing analysis, planning and growth to meet current and future
• Monitor systems performance and generate weekly logs for the various systems;
• Detection of systems security breaches and prevention of their recurrence;
• Effectively participate in development and implementation of policies and procedures
relating to information systems;
• Maintain inventory of all the hardware and software resources.
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or a related field.
• At least four (4) years’ working experience as a Systems Administrator in a busy
• High level and practically demonstrable knowledge in Unix/Linux operating systems
• High level and practically demonstrable knowledge in Windows operating systems skills;
• Experience with cloud-based solutions and virtualization tools such as Vmware VSpher,
Proxmox VE or XenServer;
• Experience with network monitoring tools such as Nagios and Cacti;
• Experience with setting up and administration of firewall solutions such as Pfsense;
• Experience with setting up and administration of OpenVPN;
• Good understanding and experience with Library Management Systems such as VSMART
• Good understanding and experience with Learning Management systems such as
• Good understanding and experience in managing audio/video conferencing solutions.
• Should be a creative and innovative team player;
• Should possess good interpersonal and communication skills;
• Should be a person of integrity; morally upright and mature;
• Should be able to work under minimum supervision;
• He/she should be flexible and adaptable enough to work in a multicultural environment;
• Should have the ability to guide and mentor students.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their application letter, CV, copies of relevant certificates and transcripts, testimonials and three reference letters including one from the local parish to:
Applications should reach the Human Resource Manager on or before 8th November 2019 .
CUEA is an equal opportunity employer.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.