- Company: MFS Africa
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Kenya
MFS Africa is a pan-African fintech company that develops innovative value added services for mobile wallets. The company works in close partnership with mobile network operators and financial institutions to bring simple and relevant financial services to un- and under-banked customers.
The Technical Analyst I will support the technical needs of the Compliance and Provisioning Organization as it relates to Data Security Services, Reporting and Report Scheduling, System Access Provisioning, Monitoring of Information Security concerns, and provide leadership of GTP’s Information Security Program in support of PCI DSS requirements. They will work alongside the Fraud/Risk teams to support operational monitoring of program risks as needed, with primary responsibility for developing and supporting the user monitoring, reporting and escalations related to Risk and Control.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for understanding transaction data, designing and analyzing reports, and sharing findings with various company departments.
- Responsible for coordinating with Data Services to facilitate custom reporting for clients to support AML/KYC monitoring and Regulatory requests.
- Continuously evaluate and improve current data processes. Collaborate with IT to ensure data quality, process flow completion, and identify opportunities for process automation.
- Support annual audits for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
- Responsible for managing bank and 3rd party connections from onboarding through the various stages of integration with SOAP and RESTful web services.
- Responsible for provisioning and troubleshooting access to the sandbox and production environments for web service consumers.
- Responsible for certification and recertification of integrations, including review of application design, usage activity, post-migration monitoring, and enforcement of application change management with web service consumers.
- Manage and maintain process and procedure documents related to access provisioning and web service consumers.
- Complete other business analysis, requirements gathering and project management tasks as needed.
- Assist Compliance Analyst by supporting daily tasks and special requests from banks and program managers.
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, typologies and developing trends.
- Maintains professional knowledge by attending educational workshops/webinars, reviewing professional publications, and participating in professional societies.
- Education: Bachelor degree preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience in IT services data analysis. AML/Compliance experience preferred.
- Skills: SQL, SQL Developer, Crystal Reports, Database knowledge, Computer literacy essential, Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel.
- Abilities: Thinks analytically and creatively to make the most of available data. Generates new ideas, proposes change, encourages innovation, and solves problems creatively. Adhering to principles & values; Applying Expertise and Technology; Analyzing; Learning & Researching; Planning & Organizing; Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives.