- Company: Educate!
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Kenya
NawiriPro is thus looking for excellent trainers with great people skills and confidence for a period of s ix (6) months with possibility of extension. The trainers will conduct in-person “classroom” training for out-of-school adults following NawiriPro’s methodology but are also expected to bring their own flavor to the classroom. The ideal trainer will be in charge of supporting the implementation of the Out of School Youth (OoSY) programs in Nairobi County and will report to Design & Trainer, Junior Associate
- Lead top-notch trainings and ensure quality standards are maintained as per Educate training quality guidelines including assessing participants
- Ensure learners are engaged and motivated throughout the learning sessions by creating a supportive and conducive adult learning environment
- Ensure feedback forms are completed by the learners and delivered on time. Collaborate with operations, execution, and design team to manage training Logistics to ensure trainings run smoothly.
- Collaborate with the design team and the local field staff to research and recommend new training methods.
- Recommend to design team the most appropriate training methods per case (virtual, simulated, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes, etc.)
- Work with the design/product team to adapt content and materials to meet the needs of the learners
- Manage the delivery of printed content and all learning materials required in all training sessions
Support curriculum design
- Assist Curriculum Design team to develop and conduct a needs analysis to determine training needs and program requirements of the target audience
- Contribute to the research, creation, editing and publication of program design features and content
- Support and collaborate with the Curriculum Design team to design and develop instructional interactions to create interactive and engaging course content.
- Provide timely feedback to content to ensure learning objectives are appropriate to the audience
- Support coordination of print production, quality assurance and control by sampling materials printed for training purposes to ensure they are in line with quality as designed.
Support Design Experimentation and Monitoring
- Track learning metrics to inform the design team on engagement, attendance, and completion rate
- Document feedback from end-users and recommend action plans in collaboration with the design team and local field staff.
- Collect and document data on program effectiveness and recommend improvements in collaboration with the design team and local field staff.
- Support design team to maintain/update design database and training records
Learning & Networking
- Complete required trainers onboarding sessions ahead of the start of the Bootcamp
- Complete all TOT training and contribute to training and content with a positive, open mindset that welcomes feedback and new training approaches/perspectives
- Knowledgeable of every impactful and engaging training trends, strategies, and language from the fields of education, leadership, and entrepreneurship
- Learn from local field staff, experimentation, and referencing international research
- Proactively network with other organizations from diverse fields
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of 1 year experience in facilitation/training youth / out of school youth.
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, both online and offline techniques, trends, strategies, and language.
- Ability to teach students of diverse abilities and backgrounds and overcome barriers to success in a multi-level class
- Ability to build a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of students
- Ability to relate well to different groups of students of different ages and ability levels.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Ability to customize content to meet the immediate needs of the learners in a simple and engaging way.
- Advanced organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple assignments/tasks.
- Passion to work with out-of-school youth and/ youth from economically marginalized and underserved communities.
- Comfortable to facilitate in a mix of English, Swahili, and ‘Sheng’ slang
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written with a keen eye for details.
- Absolutely rock-solid integrity, commitment, and professional responsibility.
- Fits our cultural tenets as well as Disruptive Innovation values and Principles
- Experience working with out-of-school youth and/ youth from economically marginalized communities would be an added advantage.
- Trainers with experience in peer coaching & mentoring youth are encouraged to apply.