Warehouse Reach Truck Operator Job, Latest Logistics Jobs In Kenya,
The Warehouse Reach Truck Operator is responsible for moving materials within the warehouse and the loading/unloading of materials onto or from vehicles utilizing a forklift, reach-truck, pallet jack or other heavy material handling equipment as required.
The operator must successfully pass both a theoretical and physical driving test from a NITA (National Industrial Training Authority) Registered Training Institute before they are permitted to drive a Reach Truck.
The Operator must follow the ICRC warehouse safety instructions, use the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and safety tools.
- Use material handling equipment (MHE) to load and unload designated vehicles/trailers;
- Use MHE to move and store materials within the warehouse;
- Use MHE to pick, verify and pack orders according to operational standard practice;
- Upon request use MHE to transfer goods ready for dispatch between warehouses;
- In liaison with the warehouse store keeper, neatly arrange cargo awaiting dispatch on the racks;
- Conduct Pre and Post audits for safe operational condition of MHE;
- Check and ensure the MHE is clean and maintained at the ICRC workshop when due for service;
- Keeps the facility’s MHE clean and tidy;
Requirements & Competencies
- Valid driving license with certification of forklift operation;
- Minimum KCSE or equivalent;
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a similar field;
- Good communication skills;
- Certificate of good conduct;
- Must be a Kenyan citizen;
How To Apply
The interested candidates should submit their applications on or before 16th September 2020 at 4:30 pm with the CV, motivation letter, including references details, supporting documents (Certificates, Diplomas etc) and current and expected remuneration to ICRC Logistics Support Centre, HR Department via:
E-mail : [email protected]
The reference Reach Truck Operator must be stated in the application to be valid . If you do not clearly state the position for which you are applying & attach the required valid driving license & other supporting documents, your application will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
. All applications are free for all candidates and no one should require any payment or compensation during the recruitment process. If the candidate is asked for any fee, he/she must report to ICRC HR Department through the recruitment contact.
ICRC is committed to diversity and welcomes applications from qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.