The Competition Authority of Kenya (the Authority) is a Statutory Agency established under the Competition Act No. 12 of 2010. The Authority’s mandate is to promote and safeguard competition and also protect consumers from unfair and misleading market conduct.
The Authority operates a One-Year Internship Program for fresh university graduates. The objective of the program is to expose graduates joining the labour market to a real work environment in order to enhance their skillsets and employability.
The Authority is seeking to engage interns to work in the following functional areas:
Finance 1 : CAK/02.02/2021
Communication & External Relations 1: CAK/03.02/2021
Information, Communication,Technology (ICT) 1 : CAK/04.02/2021
Corporation Secretary and Legal Services 1: CAK/05.02/2021
Human Resource & Administration 1 : CAK/06.02/2021
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
- The Authority does not guarantee employment after completion of the Internship Program
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Diversity balance considerations will be applied in the selection process
- Finance – Bachelors degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Communication & External Relations- Bachelors Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Information, Communication & Technology (ICT) – Bachelors Degree in Computer Science/Business Information Technology, Telecommunication/Electronic Engineering or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Corporation Secretary and Legal Services – Bachelors degree in Law
- Human Resource & Administration – Bachelors degree in Human Resource Management /Development, Business Administration or an equivalent qualification from a recognized institution
- Beneficiaries of the Authority’s Young Professionals Program, Industrial Attachment and Apprenticeship will not be eligible;
- Beneficiaries of the Internship Program from any other institution are not eligible;
- The applicants must have graduated within the last one year;
- Must be below 35 years of age
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements are advised to submit their applications quoting the respective Job Reference number to:
The Director General Competition Authority of Kenya
P O Box 36265 – 00200
Email: [email protected] or log into the Authority’s Recruitment Portal https://jobs.cak.go.ke:802
The application shall include:
- Application letter;
- Updated CV;
- Copy of National Identification Card;
- Certified copies of Academic and Professional certificates; and
- Names and contacts (telephone and e-mail) of three (3) professional/ academic referees.
Applications close on 1ST March, 2021 at 1700hours. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.