Senior Tariffs Officer Job, Finance Jobs In Kenya 2021,
The Water Services Regulatory Board (WASREB) is a statutory body charged with economic and service regulation of the water services sector as established by the Water Act 2016. WASREB sets rules, standards and guidelines to ensure that water services are provided in an effective and efficient manner with a view of protecting consumers and other stakeholders’ interests.
To strengthen our human resource capacity, we wish to recruit highly motivated professionals to fill the following positions:
SENIOR TARIFFS OFFICER (WASREB 4) 1 POSITION
Responsible for supporting water service regulatory activities through provision of economic / financial analysis guidance to promote efficiency and viability in the provision of water services.
Reporting Relationship: This role reports to Manager, Tariffs
Supervises: Tariffs Officer
The duties and responsibilities entail:
- Evaluation of water services tariff applications;
- Analyzing data for the credit worthiness assessment of water utilities and for annual water sector performance
- Reviewing the investment and business plans of water service providers for their feasibility and compliance with their Licenses
- Evaluating the p e r f o r m a n c e a n d v i a b i l i t y of w a t e r s e r v i c e institutions and preparing reports on their financial
- Carrying out reviews on the Implementation of tariffs and attached
- Exploring a l t e r n a t i v e financing o p p o r t u n i t i e s for the water utilities
- Preparing and submitting monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for the function
- Carries out Inspections of Water services providers
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics from a recognized institution
- A professional qualification in Finance or Accounting – CPA(K), or ACCA
- Member to a recognized professional body in good standing
- Management course lasting not less four (4)
- At least six (6) years’ relevant work experience
- At least four (4) years’ experience in a supervisory role
- Fulfils the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution
- Any other qualification as may be adjudged as relevant by the Board
Key Competencies and Skills
- Communicating with impact;
- Managing and supervising people;
- Applying technical expertise;
- Planning and organizing;
- Managing performance;
- Customer and stakeholder orientation;
- Analyzing and innovating;
- Managing projects;
- Coaching and mentoring;
- Relating and networking; and
- IT Proficiency
How to Apply
All applications must be accompanied by a copy of the National Identity Card, detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of all relevant academic and professional certificates and should be addressed to:
The Chief Executive Officer,
Water Services Regulatory Board,
P.O. Box 41621- 00100,
So as to be received not later than 23.59 hours on 24 TH AUGUST 2021 . Due to the threat caused by COVID –19 , t he applications should be submitted only through electronic means . They should be sent via email to [email protected] with only ‘POSITION APPLIED FOR’ as the subject line .
WASREB is an equal opportunity employer and women, youth and peoples living with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates will be required to satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by submitting the following compliance certificates; Certificate of Good Conduct, Certificate from Higher Education Loans Board, Tax Compliance Certificate, Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission Clearance, and Credit Reference Bureau Certificate.
Water Services for All ISO 9001:2015 Certified