Job Vacancy: Auto-Electrician
Reference Number: OC/2021/014– Auto Elec.
Overall Job Purpose: The Job holder (Auto Electrician) will diagnose and repair vehicles’ electrical faults.
He/She will work on all vehicle electrical systems and components, including ignition, fuel injection, engine management systems, anti-lock braking, battery, wiring, charging systems, heating, air conditioning systems, lighting and indicators.
Reports To: Workshop Supervisor / Workshop Manager
- Maintenance and repair of varied electrical systems on a diverse range of plant equipment, heavy vehicles and passenger vehicles.
- Overhaul of various starter motors and alternators on a diverse range of plant equipment, heavy vehicles and passenger vehicles.
- Battery storage, handling and maintenance.
- Electronic circuit board diagnosis and repair.
- Stock control of the electrical service section.
- Electrical schematic plan modifications.
- Ensures that actual hours worked are in line with targets set.
- Ensuring the safe working environment of the auto electrical work area.
- Carry out any other duties as directed by superiors.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience.
- 3 Years’ experience as an Auto Electrician for all types of vehicles both in the workshop and on site.
- National Diploma in Automotive/ Mechanical engineering or related field.
- Computer knowledge will be an added advantage.
Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent experience in automobiles, especially in the commercial vehicles segment.
- Excellent knowledge about motor technology.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Understands high level of safety in the workshop and sites.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and good concentration skills.
How to Apply:
Please send an updated and detailed CV including a cover letter to [email protected]
Closing date for receiving applications is 27th July 2021.