The role holder would Champion Britam’s digital transformation within the Segment.
- To be the strategic adviser to the Segments leadership on how to leverage on IT as a strategic enabler of business
- Translate PD/EMC business requirements into technical requirements that the development team can be assigned
- Lead in the quality assurance of IT initiatives delivered
- Lead delivery of IT components of all IT strategic initiatives within the Segment
- Collaborate with the rest of the Segments to drive strategic change.
- He/she is a change driver who influences colleagues to adopt to new technologies and ways of working
- Liaise with IT applications value delivery, IT infrastructure value delivery and IT PMO teams to deliver system and process enhancements but is not responsible for day to day system administration, support and maintenance tasks. Their KPIs do not include system availability or issue resolution SLAs
- Gain intimate knowledge of the BU strategic and operational imperatives, Britam’s corporate strategy and its resultant IT strategy. The BU IT manager marries delivery of the BU IT initiatives and Corporate IT initiatives ensuring the BU and Britam Group succeed by building an IT ecosystem in line with the corporate vision of “diversified financial services group”
- Provide a single point of contact for Segment on all matters IT. They engage with the rest of the IT function to provide the Segment leader with consolidated view of the status of IT operations, projects and security within the Segment
- Advice the Segment on IT risk management processes and procedures and IT capabilities required to manage segments operational risks
- Advice and support the segment Manco to prioritise Segment IT initiatives for the year and ensure these are captured in the Group IT plan and budget.
- Ensure the Segment IT initiatives comply to the Britam Enterprise Architecture
- Bachelors in Computer Science/ Technology
- Masters in Computer Science/Technology Management is an added advantage
- 7-10 years’ experience in IT Services and System Development, 3-4 years of which should be in a management position
- TOGAF Certified Enterprise Architect will be an added advantage
- Basic programming experience on SQL,Java, RPA and python
- Demonstrate understanding of the Insurance processes from origination to fulfilment and the underlying system components.
- Conversant with Insuretech processes (including AI and data analytics)
- Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- ITIL Professional
- 5 years’ experience in covering product development and at least three of which should be in business and innovation
How to Apply