Bus Assistant Jobs, Transport Jobs, Nova Pioneer Jobs
Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Bus Assistants for our Tatu City and Athi River Campus.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Disclaimer: Nova Pioneer does not charge any fee to process your application.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Fully embrace Nova’s values and beliefs and promote them to students, staff, parents and members of the outside community.
- Work cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style.
- Maintain Door to Door Policy for pick-up and drop-off of pupils.
- Ensure that every pupil is seated and using seat-belt before commencement of every journey.
- Attend staff meetings that arise throughout the school year.
- Accompany, assist and supervise pupils as they board/alight the bus and hand them to the designated guardian.
- Advise the Transport Manager of any improvement involving pick up and drop off of pupils by observing and tracking route timings.
- Convey any feedback/comment/enquiry from parents to the Transport Manager.
- Deliver medication and convey dosage instructions to the school nurse.
- Ensure that all pupils on route are on-board before commencement of journey.
- Communicate to Transport Manager and School Dean regarding pupil behaviour.
- Ensure all on board are aware of rules and responsibilities as passengers.
- Maintain order and discipline in the school bus.
- Familiarize with all School bus routes and timings.
- Perform any other duties as assigned while not on route.
- Supervise use of seatbelts by all pupils.
- Ensure that pupils don’t drink or eat while the bus is in motion to avoid choking.
- Ensure that pupils stand only when the bus comes to a complete halt.
- Take prompt action in times of distress such as accidents, focusing on students’ safety primarily.
- Follow the emergency procedure and work hand in hand with the driver to administer first aid where necessary.
- Possess a diploma certificate. ECD will be an added advantage.
- Ability to work, monitor and assist young children while on the bus.
- Must Possess a recent (not older than 6 months) Certificate of Good Conduct.
- Recommendation from 3 previous employers.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with school bus transportation.
- Ability to take care of pupils while on the bus.
- Client service and public interaction skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communications skills.
- First aid knowledge.
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply Now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for.
In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.