- Company: National Environment Management Authority
- Location: Kenya
- State: Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Driving Jobs in Kenya
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA), is established under the Environmental Management and Co-ordination Act No. 8 of 1999 (EMCA) as the principlal instrument of Goverment for the implementation of all policies relating to environment . EMCA 1999 was enacted against a backdrop of 78 sectoral laws dealing with various components of the environment, the deteriorating state of Kenya’s environment, as well as increasing social and economic inequalities, the combined effect of which negatively impacted on the environment. The supreme objective underlying the enactment of EMCA 1999 was to bring harmony in the management of the country’s environment.
- Serve as the official driver of the project vehicle
- Ensure the project vehicle is mechanically in sound condition before embarking on any journey;
- Serve to deliver project documents and materials upon assignment from the Project Coordination Unit (PCU);
- Transport the project officials to destinations on project assignments;
- Ensure proper maintenance and records of the project work ticket;
- Ensure the project vehicle is clean always;
- Undertake any other official duty as may be assigned by the project coordinator;
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) mean grade D plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution
- Kenya Government Occupational Trade test III
- Passed the Suitability Test for Drivers from the Ministry responsible for roads and driving function
- Valid driving license free from any current endorsements
- Attended a First-Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week from a recognized Institution
- At least five (5) years active driving experience.
- Adequate knowledge of the Highway Code
- Certificate of Good Conduct from Criminal Investigation Department (CID).
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution