Driver Jobs, LTI Jobs
Job Group ‘D` – Two (2) Post.
Salary Scale: Ksh.Ksh.14, 610 x 510 –15,120 x 550–15,670×580–16,250 p.m.
House Allowance: Kshs. 2,375 p.m
Commuter Allowance: Kshs:3,000 pm
Leave Entitlement: 30 working days per year.
Leave Allowance: Ksh: 4000 (Twice per year)
Hardship Allowance: Kshs. 3,300 Per month
This is the entry grade into the Drivers cadre. Duties and responsibilities at this level will involve
- driving a motor vehicle as authorized,
- carrying out routine checks on the vehicles cooling, oil electrical and brake systems tyre pressure, etc,
- detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems,
- maintenance of work tickets for vehicles assigned,
- ensuring security and safety for the vehicles on and off the road,
- safety of the passengers and/or goods therein, and
- maintaining cleanliness of the vehicle.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education mean Grade D plain or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A valid driving license free from any current endorsement (s) for class (es) of vehicle (s) an officer is required to drive;
- Attended a First Aid Certificate Course lasting not less than one (1) week at St John Ambulance or Kenya Institute of Highway and Building Technology (KIHBIT) or any other recognized institution.
- Passed suitability test for Driver grade III
- Passed practical test for Drivers conducted by the respective Ministries/Departments
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Kenya Police, and
- At least two (2) years driving experience
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are required to make their application by completing one (1) PSC 2(Revised 2016) application form, which can be downloaded from the PSC Website www.publicservice.go.ke
Completed PSC 2forms together with copies of applicant’s Academic/Professional Certificates should reach the Principal Secretary Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation, State Department for Livestock ,P.O Box 34188-00100,Nairobi or hand delivered to the office of the Director Human Resource Management and Development, Kilimo House-2 nd Floor(HRM Registry, so as to reach the office on or before 9 th September, 2019 (Latest 5:00Pm).
Please note that:-
- Candidates should not attach original documents to the application form.
- Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
- Conversing in any form will lead to automate disqualification.
The Ministry of Agriculture, Livestock, Fisheries and Irrigation. State Department for Livestock is committed to implementing the provision of the Constitution, chapter 232(1) on competition and merit representation of Kenyan diverse communities and affording equal employment opportunities to men and women members of all other groups and persons with disabilities.