Driver Jobs In Kenya 2020,
SHOFCO is a grassroots organization that unlocks the potential of urban slum dwellers to lead hopeful and fulfilling lives. SHOFCO disrupts survival mode by providing critical services including health care, clean water, education, and economic empowerment; and links these efforts to a community-led advocacy platform. SHOFCO is a rapidly-growing organization that currently impacts over 300,000 people across 9 urban slums in Kenya. Over the next 5-10 years, SHOFCO aims to become a national platform for urban slum transformation across Kenya, demonstrating a scalable and replicable model that can be used around the world.
The Office of the CEO is seeking to engage a highly experienced and flexible driver to the CEO. Reporting to the CEO, the driver will be tasked with driving the CEO and other VIPs around Nairobi and upcountry, running errands on the CEO’s behalf as well as maintaining the vehicle and ensure its clean at all times.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
- Carry out daily maintenance checks on vehicles and ensuring all vehicles are roadworthy before starting on their journey including tyres, petrol, oil and lubricants.
- Drive authorized the CEO and other VIPs to meetings and functions in and around Nairobi and up-country.
- Ensure passenger safety by ensuring that they wear their seat belts at all times.
- Provide inputs to preparation of the vehicle maintenance plans and reports
- Ensure vehicles are serviced at the stated mileage and all details documented in the Logbook
- Submit all purchase receipts and ensure that any mechanical faults are reported to the CEO’s office.
- Maintain in contact with the CEO’s office at all times.
- Maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discreteness in discussions and travels involving the nature of the role, passengers and destinations
- Maintain a log for all journeys in official vehicles
- A valid driving license class ABCE.
- Excellent driving skills
- Seven (7) years driving experience and above 3 years’ experience as an executive driver
- Basic mechanical knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of local city roads and main roads to other parts of the country
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies
- Professional appearance and punctuality
- Training in defensive driving
- A clean record and experience driving VIPs
- Willingness to work flexible hour and ability to make a timely and detailed response.
How to Apply
Please submit an application by email ONLY to [email protected] with the job title as subject line on or before August 7 th 2020.