Driver/Mechanic Job, Current Driver Job Kenya,
We are looking for a Driver/Mechanic who has the following personal qualities :
An excellent and 100% confident Heavy commercial trucks Driver with wide experience. (Must know how to operate splitter gear. NO EXCUSES about not being used to our truck during road interview. You can either driver perfectly-Or you can’t in which case you shouldn’t apply.)
- You MUST be a qualified mechanic, able to do oil Service and general maintenance on the truck by yourself both at our Workshop and in the wilderness during tours. (You’ll be tested practically for this, so if you have no proper mechanical background please don’t waste our time)
- MUST be able to manage self at work and does not require to be supervised.
- A positive attitude, motivated and enthusiastic even in very difficult situations.
- Able to follow instructions and procedures to the letter and keep the office in the loop.
- Excellent logistical and organizational skills
- Must be a very confident and eloquent public speaker to address a group of up to 30 people, take charge and control of the group.
- The ability to thrive in a combination of long hours and both physically and mentally challenging conditions
- Resourcefulness and the ability to use your initiative and think on your feet in very challenging conditions. You must never panic or show fear when things go wrong, because you have a big group looking up to you to provide a solution and you’re their only hope.
- Innovative and ready to think out of the box.
- A friendly and sociable personality, someone happy to work with all kinds of people
- The ability to develop a rapport with a large, diverse group of individuals, feel at home with strangers and fit in within no time.
- ·Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Flexibility, and the ability to deal with unpredictable challenges and situations
- A good team-player, which is essential for you to work successfully with other crew members
Please do not apply if you are looking for a short-term working job, as we require an initial minimum commitment of 18 months and for you to be looking towards a longer-term commitment of 3 years and above.
Driver/Mechanic Job requirements
- Hold a current and Valid PSV/TSV License.
- Your nationality is not important if you have relevant working permit but you must be fluent in English and Swahili. Foreign Languages are not a Must but will be an added advantage.
- You must hold a valid international travel passport (with over 6 month’s validity) with at least 5 free pages.
- Have a Valid Ministry of Tourism driver/Guide License and a good conduct certificate.
- Have a valid First Aid Certificate.
- You must be over 25 years of age
- You must be resourceful, innovative and have the ability to use your initiative and think on your feet in challenging conditions.
- You must have either a solid mechanical knowledge or a trade background such as Motor Electrician, Engineer that would give you an aptitude for mechanics.
- You must already have your own travel experience.
- Be willing to work anywhere in Africa.
- Evidence of previous ‘hands on’ building or repair projects.
- Professional driving and mechanical experience with Heavy trucks.
- Previous travel to any of the destinations we operate tours and/or have participated in an overland group travel.
- Proven competence in a customer facing role.
- Experience of using email, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Overland Tour driver/mechanic responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Driving courteously, avoiding risks which could harm passengers, vehicles, or the environment
- You are responsible for the general truck maintenance and servicing of the vehicle, and assisting the Tour Leader to run the trip by working together as a team.
- Maintaining the tour vehicle for cleanliness, fueling, fluid checking, routine maintenance needs, and occasional impromptu repairs
- You are responsible for truck equipment, tents mattresses, stools, Kitchen gear, tools, spare parts etc
- Assist clients in setting up the tents and also the Chef in meals preparation.
- Facilitating meaningful, helpful, informative, and pleasant conversations with customers
- Offering knowledge, anecdotal stories, and interactive communication with clients on flora, fauna, geology, local history, and natural history during tour routes.
- Educating clients on responsible travel
- Solving problems with grace and efficiency
- Offering expertise on local recreation opportunities and logistics
- Enhancing the Overland experience by further developing and improving the tours.
How To Apply
If you’ve read all of the information provided, and think you fulfill all of our requirements and can demonstrate the qualities we’re looking for – then what are you waiting for? If you like the sound of working for us as overland crew, the next step is to apply to [email protected] and if we think you meet the requirements then we will send you our crew application forms. Only successful candidates will be contacted, so if you don’t hear from us in 3 weeks you can consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .