- Company: Microsoft
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: - Human Resource Management Jobs in KenyaMicrosoft Jobs in Kenya
This is an external staff position. Your employer will be a third-party supplier, in service for Microsoft.
Microsoft’s Global Talent Acquisition team exists to attract, engage, assess and hire the best talent. Our EMEA Engineering team is recruiting Talent Sourcers who will focus on external searches for our Engineering organisation.
We have built a centralised (although geographically disparate) team of exceptionally talented sourcers who have pure passion for passive candidate attraction and engagement. Simply put, we’ve created a team who are 100% focused on external hiring. We now have the need for several Talent Sourcers with a passion for hiring top commercial leaders to join our team for this exciting phase of growth at Microsoft.
As a member of our team, you will own engaging passive candidates across volume and niche hiring. This role is more than simple sourcing, you should be able to talk about the Microsoft strategy and articulate career opportunities that engage passive talent. You must thrive in the hunt and be focused on networking closely within the industry to identify the right talent and companies to target. You’ll cover the basics of talent sourcing, but more importantly, leverage your business knowledge to develop meaningful sourcing strategies which promote direct methods to identify, evaluate, and pipeline exceptional candidates for Microsoft.
This is how you will spend most of your time:
- Be the driver of external hiring activity and a subject expert for sourcing strategies within your target skillsets.
- Directly partner with business leaders and internal recruiters in defining and maintaining core and pivotal pipelines.
- Craft custom outreach and meaningful candidate engagement
- Work with teams to engage the business early in the recruiting cycle, always promote diverse hires and candidates directly from our key competitors
- You will own candidate relationships all the way to the point of an in-person interview and will be tightly integrated into the feedback process during the interview process
- Effectively screen and assess talent ensuring we bring forward the best candidates including cultural & competency fit
- Research and gather market intelligence. Map our competitors, deliver data driven insight and help our hiring managers understand the external market and shape requirements.
This is what we’re looking for in you:
- A background in Technical Recruitment, ideally with expereince of hiring Software Engineers at various levels
- Knowledge and experience hiring across a territory, ideally EMEA locations
- A passionate about sourcer who can demonstrate innovation in sourcing, exceptional practice & people who are curious and creative in their approach.
- Advanced research/sourcing skills. Including use of Boolean, social media and alternative search techniques
- Can influence passive candidates and impact hiring manager’s decisions
- Ability to have meaningful conversations with passive talent and persuasive enough to spark interest
- Naturally driven to deliver results, and effectively manage and prioritise multiple projects and candidates
- Ability to define requirements, seek, clarity and advise/consult with the ability to push back when required
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to network within the industry to identify top performers
- Result oriented, focused on outcomes & KPI achievement
- Broad recruiting background, English language required. Other European languages a bonus.