Facilities Maintenance Officer Jobs, Alternate Doors Jobs
Our client in the Real Estate Industry is looking to fill the position of a facilities maintenance officer who is required to have at least 2 years experience performing the same role. Carefully read through our requirements before submitting your application.
- Methods, practices and equipment used in facilities management and activities including a variety of building trades work.
- Basic theory of electricity.
- Tools and equipment used in building maintenance, reconstruction, and repair work.
- Occupational hazards and necessary precautions applicable to building and mechanical maintenance work.
- Preventive maintenance requirements and practices.
- Basic knowledge of computer and internet operations
- Safe work practices
- Run the daily maintenance operations of the property and buildings under supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor and Facilities Manager
- Inspect property and buildings for life/safety issues and take immediate corrective action.
- Identify building maintenance needs, prioritize work and take corrective actions.
- Be a self-starter and work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Perform a full range of skilled building maintenance for extended periods of time
- Repair and maintain a variety of mechanical equipment.
- Read and interpret sketches, drawings, diagrams and blueprints.
- Lift up to 20kgs above the waist and carry heavy objects.
- Use a personal computer and appropriate computer software.
- Operate with a high level of personal organization
- Maintain a clean work area and shop
- Establish and maintain professional and cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Process work orders in a timely fashion, to the satisfaction of the Facilities Manager
- Receive general supervision from Maintenance Supervisor and Facilities Manager
Essential and other important responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform preventative maintenance on buildings including but not limited to: skilled carpentry, electrical, painting, plastering, dry walling, plumbing, heating, limited air conditioning and mechanical repair work, door hardware, keying, exit and emergency lighting.
- Repair electrical switches, outlets, lighting systems and fixtures.
- Perform advanced level plumbing work including the installation, repair and replacement of plumbing
- Fixtures including sinks, toilets, faucets, water heaters and pipes; clear obstructions from water and sewer lines.
- Perform adequate level of carpentry work including the repair of porches (stairs, decking, jousting, handrails, trim), walls, windows, siding, doors and other carpentry work.
- Inspect building facilities to identify building maintenance needs; complete inspection and preventive
- Maintenance reports, recommend, prioritize, and perform corrective maintenance as required.
- Carry 24-hour on-call maintenance cell phone on rotation with other team members.
How to Apply:
Send CV and any other relevant certificates to email@example.com , only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.