JOB TITLE: OPERATIONS MANAGER
REPORTING TO: CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER
JOB SUMMARY / PURPOSE:
Analyse and improve organisational processes, and work to improve quality, productivity and efficiency. Provide leadership for operations in the organisation for all lines of business.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. Establish, develop and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors.
- Oversee acquisition of resources and materials as needed before and during projects by talking with customers, team members, team heads and in-house accountants and negotiating price and payment agreements with third parties/vendors.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within the scope and budget.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Develop comprehensive project plans that merge customer requirements with company goals and coordinate various heads and technical personnel during all project phases, from initial development through implementation.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques. Ensure resource availability and location.
- Measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Communicate proactively with all involved personnel to provide encouragement, identify problems, create solutions and implement efficiency improvements.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Analyse the economics of project plans and provide actionable feedback relating to cost-benefit and return on investment standards.
- Delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- Track project performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long term goals.
- Provide inspired leadership for the organisation.
- Make important policy, planning and strategy decisions.
- Develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures.
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Work with senior stakeholders.
- Ensure all legal, regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with laws and regulations.
- Work with the CEO to determine values and mission, and plan for long term as well as short term goals.
- Identify and address problems and opportunities for the company.
- Build alliances and partnerships with relevant organisations.
- Support worker communication with the management team.
- Any other duties assigned by management.
? Degree in Operations / Project Management or related field.
? Minimum three (3) years experience in management, operations, projects and leadership.
? Understanding general finance and budgeting, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management.
? Ability to build consensus and relationships among managers, partners and employees.
? Excellent communication skills.
? Experience working in a high-level collaborative environment.
? Demonstrated understanding of project management processes, strategies and methods.
? Solid understanding of financial management, development and tracking budgets.
? Excellent problem-solving skills, innovative and solutions-oriented.
How to Apply
Send your application to [email protected] – applications shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.