Field Service Engineer Jobs, Engineering Jobs
GE first started operating in Sub-Saharan Africa over 100 years ago. However in 2011, we decided to renew our focus to meet Africa’s current and future needs. Our footprint in sub-Saharan Africa now consists of over 2500 employees, revenues of about $3.7 billion dollars (2017) and operations in 25 countries. GE’s main operations in SSA are in Nigeria, South Africa, Angola, Ghana, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Mozambique and Kenya where its SSA Headquarters is located.
Field Service Engineer
Job Type: Full Time
Job Field: Engineering / Technical
GE Renewable Energy
To further consolidate and strengthen our GE Renewable Energy Wind turbine service and maintenance teams in Kipeto, Kajiado – Kenya, we are looking for a qualified and committed Field Service Engineers.
- Ability to work independently on the implementation of fault analyses and repair of wind turbine generator systems, including clarification of any client queries.
- Planned and preventive maintenance of wind turbine generator systems.
- Documenting of call-out responses, fault finding and repair work in service reports, logbooks and checklists.
- Coordination of external and internal service providers and contractors on site.
- Contact person for client technical queries, such as retrofits and repairs
- Professional training in electrical engineering sector (electrician, power electronics system, mechatronic engineer).
- Familiar with MS-Office operating system.
- Familiar with PLCs.
- High degree of quality awareness; excellent fault finding and diagnostic skills combined with the ability to detect and remedy faults, defects, problems.
- Able to work at heights and high level of physical fitness.
- Structured worker with technical analytical abilities.
Electrical/ mechanical service or maintenance experience will be the additional advantage
How to Apply