- Company: Safeguard Workwear
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Finance Jobs in Kenya
Safeguard Workwear is a Kenyan based manufacturing company focused on manufacturing medical respirators, which are essential in protecting healthcare worker from viruses such as COVID-19. These are often referred to as FFP2 or KN95 medical respirators depending on the technical specifications and compliance certifications.
Safeguard Workwear has an immediate need for a Finance Manager to join the Management Team at our offices in the EPZ, Athi River. You will manage one staff member – an accountant with a view to scale the team as an when required as we expand our operations. You will work closely with the CEO and Factory Manager have exposure to upper management in the company. Safeguard is a JV between 2 companies, so management of senior stakeholders will be required.
- Oversee the general accounting function including inter-company accounting, cash management/reconciliation, financial analysis and reporting balance sheet management.
- Budget planning & Forecasting – Working with the management and operations team to track performance and spending.
- Treasury management which includes management of working capital facilities, cash flows planning, currency management.
- Reporting – Oversee complete and accurate preparation of organization financial statements & reports on regular basis and presentation to CEO and senior stakeholders/Directors.
- Statutory Compliance – Ensure Safeguards compliance with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- CAPEX Management – Safeguard is still in the midst of construction & acquisitions so close monitoring to ensure no overspend is paramount, as well as guiding accountant on proper recognition, recording and monitoring of depreciation schedules etc.
- Financial security – Set up structures that ensure Safeguard maintains & adheres to internal controls, and protecting the organization value by keeping information confidential.
- Commercial Support – Assist management to prepare business cases / feasibilities / analysis that support product range expansion, additional CAPEX investment requests, pricing decisions, financial evaluations of in-sourcing/out-sourcing decisions etc.
- Systems Accounting – Spearhead the set-up of an ERP system, as well as processes and procedures that support prudent financial management
- Ad hoc requests, including supplier financial analysis, competitive financial analysis and ROI analysis on various initiatives
Basic Qualifications & Skills
- 10+ years accounting or related experience. This role is ideal for someone with strong financial experience looking to step up into management.
- Manufacturing experience is required.
- Systems accounting experience specifically in set up and management of ERPs required
- Previous experience in a start-up environment / experience in setting up processes / procedures and frameworks is required.
- Commercial experience as a finance business partner with exposure to other departments e.g. marketing, sales, operations required.
- Strong communication skills – Monthly Presentations to Directors and Key stakeholders in parent company will be required.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Excel and PowerPoint
- Occasional travel as needed, including annual trip to Asia.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting or Finance
- CPA/ACCA/CA Membership required
- MBA preferred