- Company: British High Commission Nairobi
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
The British High Commission in Nairobi is the diplomatic mission of the United Kingdom in Nairobi. It is located in the Upper Hill area of Nairobi. The British High Commission in Kenya maintains and develops relations between the UK and Kenya.We provide services to British nationals living in and visiting Kenya.
Main purpose of job:
The Furnishings Assistant will be responsible for the safe delivery, collection and moving of furniture and accessories within the office and the large residential Estate. The individual will support the Furnishings Team Driver when work demands require extra support in the movement of goods around the estate via van and canter. They will be responsible for the cleaning of properties before a new tenant moves in and general upkeep and cleaning of the furnishings stores.
Roles and responsibilities :
- Delivering of furniture and stationary around the British High Commission office, including setting up of meeting rooms as per Kenquiry (internal request system) details.
- Periodic driving of furniture canter and/or minibus with goods to BHC properties around Nairobi; taking care to ensure no damage is caused to the goods in transit.
- Delivering, moving, arranging and cleaning of furniture for official residential properties. Ensuring that care is taken while moving furniture and white goods. At all times recording/bar coding items as and when they leave/return. Including recording delivery/removal notes at all times.
- Deep cleaning and furnishing properties as per Foreign Commonwealth and Development Office guidance taking care of all H&S procedures.
- Preparation, delivery and collection of domestic float for both office and residences.
- Routine maintenance of the furnishings stores and surrounding areas ensuring they are orderly, clean and free from hazards.
- Working as part of a team in preparing properties for occupation.
- Reporting back to the furnishings supervisor any issues or items damaged missing from properties.
- Assisting other teams in the Mission with any heavy lifting, moves on an as need basis
- Deputising for the Furnishings Team Leader on a rotational basis with other Furnishing Assistants during periods of absence.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- · KCSE Certificate
- · Valid BCE Driving Licence with 3 years’ experience driving a canter
- · Good team player skills
- · Attention to detail and initiative, as well as good customer service skills
- · Proficient written and spoken English
- · Heavy lifting capability (up to 45Kg)
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Prior experience working in a warehouse or store room
- Making Effective Decisions, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering at Pace