Housekeepers Jobs, Housekeeping Jobs, Nova Pioneer Jobs
Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Housekeepers for our Tatu City and Eldoret Campus. This is an opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Learn more about our learning approach here. Nova Pioneer currently has 10 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
- Living the Nova Pioneer Culture
- Upkeep and general care of the school inside and out
- Ensure rubbish bins are positioned in all allocated areas
- Manage the security of rubbish bins across the campus
- Ensure that all external rubbish is stored appropriately
- Keep the campus clean and tidy, pick up obvious litter and be responsible for the removal of all debris from paths, play areas, grassed areas, gardens and entrances
- Support staff and students on recycling initiatives
- General transporting duties for equipment, furniture, etc throughout campus
- Assisting the simple building maintenance tasks as requested by the Caretaker
- Help with kitchen duties when called upon
- Any other work requested by and deemed appropriate by the Caretaker and the Principal
- Any other duties as assigned by your manager
- You have a High School Diploma (KSCE) certificate.
- You have 1+ Years Proven work experience as a Housekeeper/Cleaner or relevant position in a reputable Cleaning Firm or a fast-paced organization
- You have a proven track record of holding yourself and your teammates to high standards of operational excellence.
- You have excellent communication and relationship-building skills.
- You are a thoughtful planner able to multi-task, prioritise effectively, take initiative, and deliver for many stakeholders in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a proactive, creative, and measured problem-solver. You have the ability to quickly and calmly identify and analyse problems and to recommend or implement effective solutions.
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you?
We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.