- Company: Sendy Limited
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
At Sendy, we specialize in connecting on-demand, trusted, and transparent service providers with individuals and businesses looking to move packages. Thus, we believe it’s a natural extension of our core expertise to also connect our users to quality certified transportation providers. As of today, Sendy users can now request a package DELIVERY using a motorcycle, van, pickup, or 3 ton truck, or a passenger RIDE with a boda boda or cab – all from within the same SENDY mobile app (available on Android and iOS) and web platform. All DELIVERY and RIDE services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and can be paid for using cash, MPesa, or card.
We believe that Africa does better when everyone has room to grow and thrive. No one should be left out because the distance between seeing an opportunity and making a living from it is too great.
We started by delivering small packages but haven’t stopped there. Today, we’re empowering businesses to send raw materials to their production facilities and finished goods to their customers. We’re helping small scale farmers get their produce to the market. We’re making it possible for the hardworking delivery driver to earn a decent living.
We are here to make it easy to trade in Africa so that everyone has room to grow. Join us.
The overall purpose of this job is to drive sales to new emerging social commerce accounts and manage customer relationships for the business in line with the commercial strategy. The role is responsible for achieving maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration in the market by effectively selling Sendy services with an aim to maximize long-term revenue opportunities.
About the Role
The overall purpose of this role is to keep track of inventory changes by collecting and processing vendor data to keep products listed on Kiota, as well as the categories and subcategories within which they belong, consistently up to date. The contractor will be focused on data entry and collection. The role requires routine field visits to Kiota vendor partners and locations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee inventory control by keeping detailed records of any changes in inventory and reflect these changes in Kiota’s inventory dashboards daily.
- Inspect in-app inventory and in-store to ensure product information remains accurate (eg. item price, quantities, weight, images).
- Maintain inventory records and support both engineering and data teams in storing accurate stock and shop data in an accessible manner
- Support stakeholders in developing and maintaining KPI reports and dashboards that communicate key business trends and highlight opportunities for operational and sales growth and improvement.
- Enter manual data in tools used across the company
- Bachelor Degree in Business field or related discipline.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role, prior experience in modern retail strongly preferred.
- Proven ability in data analytics & visualization.
- Skilled computer database or spreadsheet.
- Familiarity with inventory management software.
- Keen eye for detail and ability to notice product defects and flaws in records.
- Strong organization skills and high level of comfort keeping track of extensive products lists
- Strong creativity skills and idea generation.
- High-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Must be a self-starter and highly organized
- Analytical, creative thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communications skills
- Good project management skills
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Open to change.
- Calm under chaos.
What We Offer
- Comprehensive health insurance – Inpatient / Outpatient / Dental / Optical
- Flexible vacation
- All risk Insurance
- Office lunch
- Opportunity for company stock options