Lady in Red Jobs, Hotel Jobs, Kempinski Jobs
Reporting to the Assistant Front Office Manager/Front Office Manager,the Lady in Red is an iconic symbol of Kempinski and is in essence the Hotel Ambassador (or First Lady). As an extended arm of the General Manager she welcomes, meets and farewells hotel guests and is responsible for the communication with all guests providing highest quality service standards. The Lady in Red is empowered to take immediate decisions in respect to guest well being. Ensure LQA (Leading Quality Assurance) audit results are 85% and above, CSS (Customer Satisfaction Survey) results are rated on an average with “5” and above, Guest complaints are minimized and if occur followed up efficient and are reported to Operations team.
Villa Rosa Kempinski
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city centre, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
- Communication of hotel & company philosophy and internal hotel representation.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of the hotel and the geographical layout of the city / surroundings.
- Knowledgeable about all VIPs in-house, hotel functions and special events.
- Collect as much feedback information on VIPs as possible (on daily basis) by checking e.g. Google, Opera PMS company wide, briefs and distribute this information within the hotel to all relevant departments by e.g. daily guest fact sheets/reports, newsletter, etc. and ensure information is updated in the guest profile.
- Welcome, facilitate and bid farewell to as many guests as possible.
- Top VIPs MUST be welcomed upon arrival, escorted to their room and bid farewell upon departure.
- Liaise with FOM and GM, to prepare tailor made guest itinerary for Top VIP’s when appropriate and coordinate VIP greetings and departures – ahead of time.
- Obtain as much information about a guest’s stay to be entered in the guest history.
- Welcome visitors to the hotel, assist with general information, internal promotions and directions.
- Handle guest complaints and requests in a polite and efficient manner, give further instructions to the relevant staff if needed to ensure optimal guest satisfaction.
- Maintain a record of all complaints and requests, follow up and inform concerned operating departments.
- Perform special projects and related duties as assigned.
- Walk throughout the hotel recognizing guests and engage with them appropriately.
- Attend & participate in daily briefings as scheduled.
- Report potential and existing hazards and rectified immediately.
- Provide information to all guests regarding the services and possible internal promotions of the hotel.
- Senior Management on any unusual circumstances that might affect guest service and expectation.
- Take decisions on upgrades / comps / rebates etc. as per stipulated hotel policies and procedures.
- Participate in training programmes.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Diploma in Hospitality Management
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a Manager level position in Front Office or Guest Relations preferably in an international five star hotel
- Food & Beverage and Sales experience is a plus
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Additional language – beneficial
- Supervisory/Management skills
- Luxury Hotel Experiences
- Good Communication skills
- Knowledge of hotel operations & Computer systems
- General knowledge of tourist and business-related information
- Knowledge of hotel products and services
- Knowledge of VIP welcoming protocol
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Advanced knowledge of Opera and Basic knowledge of micros.