Managing Editor Job, Latest Media Job Vacancies In Kenya,
Managing Editor – Ramogi TV
Royal Media Services Limited is the leading media house in Eastern Africa. It is home to award winning talent and products. To strengthen our position and align our products with emerging trends, we are looking for a suitably qualified person to fill the above position and give leadership.
Position roles and responsibilities
The person will be the key driver for content. They will be charged with the following roles and responsibilities;
- To originate and manage implementation of innovative ways of collecting and presenting news in response to consumer tastes and for the development of news quality in close liaison with the editors.
- To evaluate manpower requirements for the department in form of an optimal organizational structure and staffing levels for the department.
- To actively participate in the process of identifying, training, motivating deploying and retaining journalistic talent for the purpose of building a pool of journalism resource.
- To motivate the editorial staff by consistently monitoring, guiding, encouraging and training them to achieve the highest professional and ethical standards in their work as journalists, editors and reporters.
- To work closely with editors and to attend to any matters that require attention and decision making.
- To prepare, monitor and control the departmental budget.
- To establish and maintain well structured operations, job specifications and manning levels.
- To participate in the recruitment process for staff into the department in consultation with the Human Resources Department
- To coordinate Departmental staff management and development matters including performance management and appraisals and identification of training needs.
- Possess leadership and managerial skills to lead a sizeable team and nurture and retain talent while managing performance for corporate and team growth.
- To ensure adequate supply, control and cost effectiveness in the use of materials and facilities
- To monitor the competition by viewing/listening to other stations, to research feedback and to initiate ways of improving our news
- To monitor reports and news items to ensure they adhere to laid down company policy and wider journalism policies in the industry, objectives and quality standards and to take corrective measures in conjunction with other editors.
- To maintain effective contact with news correspondents, to ensure early submission of news stories so as to meet agreed broadcast schedules.
- To represent the company at government, diplomatic, business and other public functions as may be required.
Academic qualifications, experience and other attributes
- University degree or other degree with a post-graduate qualification in journalism or a related field in Journalism and Communication
- Masters degree will be an added advantage
- At least 8-10 years in journalism as reporter rising to news editor level or equivalent.
Skills and personal attributes
- Excellent skills in writing, reporting ,editing and an analytical mind
- Impeccable command of Dholuo, English and Kiswahili .
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills at all staff and community levels
- Strong writing and news editing skills.
- Energy, ability and willingness to work long and irregular hours
- Understanding of Media Laws & Ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual & organized
- Have a nose for news, experience in sourcing for local and international current affairs/news and pays attention to detail
- Sound understanding of the local political and media landscape
- Experience in supervision and possess relevant team leadership skills.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty and loyalty
- High degree of integrity
How To Apply
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to [email protected] .
Clearly cite Job REF No. HRD/ME/09/2021 as the email subject matter.
Closing date will be Friday 17th September 2021 .
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: 2. How Can I Advance In My Career? The Secret Is To Learn New Skills . .