DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Ole-Sereni
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Process daily audit of the hotels financial data. Handle the requests and transactions of the hotel guests, and coordinate with the other departments as necessary
- At least 3 year of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field required.
Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
Must be able to work independently and with minimal supervision.
Knowledge of Accounting Principles.
Must be able to problem solve and troubleshoot in order to resolve guest issues that may arise and respond to emergency situations.
Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately
Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Responsible for the front desk operation during the overnight shift
- Cross check all bills posted to the room and sign on the each and every bill which has been checked.
- Ensure that all the cash bills, apart from room settlement (If the Guest has paid cash) balance the cash collection for extras in the report.
- Please refer the cashier report at front office module and balance the cash.
- Ensure extras paid by cash are recorded as cash paid and amount collected physically tallies with the system generated bill.
- Balances the cash in the front office, and if the guest has paid or settled the bill through Credit card ensure that the credit card slip is attached to the bill and the Bill amount should tally with the credit card settled amount.
- Ensure that room bills settled to company before starting the night audit are settled to respective company as per the contract.
Point of sales (All Outlet)
- Collects all the outlet bills from POS, Travel desk and laundry
- Takes the report Settlement by bill number in POS report option.
- Check all the bills individually for all the outlets and make sure that if a particular bill has settled to Cash, there should be a cash collected seal on the bill by the cashier and if the bill has settled by Credit card make sure that the credit card swiped statement is attached (counter signed by the Guest).
- If bills are posted to the room, make sure that the guest signature is available in the bill and room number clearly mentioned in the bill.
- Balance the cash collection outlet wise and make sure that all cash shown on the report tallies with the physical cash of each cashier.
- Similarly check the bills from Travel desk and laundry.
- Balance the cash and collections outlet wise along with other settlements with hard copies of the bills.
Reports to be taken in the POS module
- Settlement by bill number.
- Sales day book.
- Cashier report (Individual cashier wise)
- Collection summary.
- Other reports like items wise sales etc are available, which ever is request by the cost department you can take the print out.
How to Apply