Reporting to the Geomatics Officer. The individual will support the Geomatics Officer in the implementation of the thematic areas of the section of Land Surveying, Geodesy, Hydrography and Land Information Management Systems.
- Prepare EOIs and RFPs for the section’s thematic areas; • Coordinate and implement projects;
- Revise existing, propose and prepare market oriented short term and tailor-made trainings;
- Coordinate and conduct trainings;
- Coordinate the acquisition and hiring of survey & mapping equipment;
- Support the implementation of AFREF in the member states through sensitization of AFREF;
- Manage and expand RCMRD Continuously Operating Reference Systems (CORS) network;
- Conduct research and consultancy services in the thematic areas of the department;
- Provide advisory services to members states;
- Assist marketing RCMRD Programmes;
- Any other duty assigned by the management.
- Masters’ degree in Geomatics, Geodesy, Land Surveying, Hydrography, Global Navigation Satellites Systems (GNSS)
- Four (4) years of working experience. He/she should demonstrate their experiences in GNSS & CORS
- Possess supervisory skills
- Computer skills especially in the recent/ latest applications
- Working knowledge of land laws and regulation within member states.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geomatics, Land Surveying, Geodesy, Global Navigation Satellite Systems (GNSS); • Eight (8) years of working experience. He/she should demonstrate their experiences in GNSS and CORS
- Possess supervisory skills
- Computer skills especially in the recent/ latest Applications • Working knowledge of land laws and regulation within member states
Contract Duration: Two (2) years renewable.
Salary Scale: The salary for the above position is consolidated and is in the range of: GS7: Ksh. 1, 190, 055 by Ksh. 46, 710 to ksh 1, 610, 455 p.a.
Entry point for the position will be determined by qualifications and experience.
Benefits: These include, housing allowance, transport allowance, contributory provident fund with both parties contributing 7% of monthly basic salary towards the fund, 10% gratuity of annual basic salary based on successful completion of the contract and a staff contributory group medical scheme to a maximum of five (5) family members.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications, along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae as well as copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to:
Regional Centre for Mapping of Resources for Development,
P.O Box 632, 00618, Roysambu, Kasarani,
Nairobi – Kenya.
Via email to email@example.com so as to be received not later than 12th May, 2019.
RCMRD is an equal opportunity employer. Applications from suitably qualified female candidates and persons with disabilities are particularly encouraged.
Please note that the Centre DOES NOT charge any fees during the recruitment process.