Project Drivers Jobs, Driver Jobs, NGO Jobs, Jobs in Kisumu, Jobs in Kisii, Madrasa Early Childhood Programme Kenya Jobs
Location: Kisii /Kisumu Counties
Madrasa Early Childhood Programme Kenya [MECP-K], an affiliate of the Aga Khan Foundation East Africa, was founded in the 1980’s with the objective of promoting access to quality Early Childhood Development [ECD] and Education for children in Kenya. MECP-K is looking for dynamic and enthusiastic individuals with strong personal commitment to education needs of children to fill in the following positions;
The Driver will work under the guidance of the Region Coordinator-Nyanza and the Programme Assistant to provide efficient and effective transport services to the programme staff. The incumbent will be expected to independently run various errands, including field support visits and assist with administrative tasks within MECP-K.
The successful individual should have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and extensive experience driving in Kisii/Kisumu and surrounding environs.
- Delivery and collection of documents and other items to/from various stakeholders
- Identify vehicle problems and malfunctions, including, performing routine and non- routine check-up and maintenance.
- Maintain and ensure assigned vehicle(s) are always in a neat, clean and good mechanical condition.
- Keep an accurate systematic log of journeys made, distances covered and odometer readings in respect of vehicle service and fuel refills
- Monitor and report expiration and renewal dates of licenses, insurance covers, road rescue registrations and other applicable services, to ensure timely renewal.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education
- Valid Driver’s License and Certificate of Good Conduct.
- At least 3 years’ experience providing executive driving services. Prior working experience with an NGO will be an added advantage
- Thorough knowledge of traffic laws and traffic patterns is desired.
- Prior training in defensive driving principles is desired
- Knowledge of the local language is a must
Interested and qualified individuals should send application letters, CVs and contact information of three professional referees to firstname.lastname@example.org , clearly indicating the preferred work station not later than 6 th May, 2019.
“MECP-K is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and partners to share this commitment.”
NB. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted