Schneider Electric East Africa (Kenya) seeks a motivated Sales Director to join the East Africa IT Business. The Sales Director will be responsible for the IT Business Segment for East Africa and will be a senior member of the Management Team reporting to the East Africa Country President and responsible for:
- Managing, driving and exceeding IT Business East Africa Region revenues and profit expectations
- Build, drive, lead, manage the IT Department team in East Africa – Channel and Direct End-User teams, within the guiding principles of the ITD Business Unit
- Achieve/Exceed IT Business P&L objectives within the boundaries of financial and strategic guidelines
- Revenue growth, profit, market share, incremental business and people’s development will be key metrics by this the candidate will be measured
- Provide leadership and direction to assigned geography sales teams in the development and execution of Sales Strategies and Business Plans
- Identify and remove key obstacle to growth
- Implement key performance indicators (KPIs) to achieve revenue and segment share targets.
- Execute and develop strategic initiatives for the assigned geography in cooperation with the Country President & Business Regional VP
- Develop and coordinate a cohesive Sales & Marketing strategy and messaging to the market for all channel models and key global customer segments
- Develop solution business, in coordination with the other BU’s on ITB assigned verticals (Cloud & Service Providers, Telco’s, Financial Services Industries)
- Manage different business models (transactional and solution sales) and possible channel conflicts.
- Develop new business strategies in Cross-BU focus areas for Datacentre and Critical Buildings solutions aligned with ITD guidelines.
- Actively develop and maintain contacts with customers at C level
- Enforce policies, tools and processes
- Build, manage and lead sales and marketing team in assigned geography to drive revenue and increase market shares within the guidelines set forth by both Country President and Regional Business VP.
- Provide professional development for team to ensure long term relationship with employees and targets achievements.
- Manage and develop team skills to drive and expand business in East Africa.
- Responsible for hiring, providing training and developments of employees
- Utilize all required reporting processes and tools to ensure total clarity to the organization.
- Maintain active partnership with all other market access groups to learn and deploy best practices
- Enforce policies, tools and processes
- P& L responsibility for East Africa (sales, margin, SFC), within the framework of the ITD BU expectations
- Contribute to company strategies regarding market and customer needs and opportunities
- Provide weekly forecasts and necessary updates against the forecast
- Participate in East Africa’s budget planning activities and action plans development
Marketing & Reporting
- Provide understanding of market trends, customer needs and partner performance to Country management and ITD management.
- Work with Product Marketing and Marketing Intelligence Team to develop and manage product/solution pricing structures when relevant
- Report updated projects funnel twice a month
- Managing and maintaining accurate weekly forecasts in BFo
- Bachelor’s Degree minimum, Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least 10 years of experience in sales,5 being at management level in the IT Space
- Experience in key segments: Telco, Financial Services Industry and Colo / Service Provider / Cloud Giants/Data Centers
- Prior experience in a similar role in tech companies is an added advantage
- Strong working knowledge of marketing and analysis fundamentals, including: value proposition, competitive benchmarking, price management, product positioning, promotion and market segmentation
- Technical background
- Good finance literacy
- Understanding IT markets
- Channels management
- Solution Selling
- Strategic thinking
- Strong management and leadership skills
- Business development capabilities
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
- Result oriented
- Hard worker – career motivated/passion for business
- Strong team player able to collaborate
- Ability to work in inter-disciplinary and inter-cultural teams
- Understanding of local IT/overall markets
- Global understanding of P&L mechanism
- Open to change and must embrace the concept of continuous improvement.
- Strong self-organization and hands-on attitude with no reluctance to seeking for help.
How to Apply
Please send your application and CV to: email@example.com
Only those candidates with appropriate qualifications and experience will be contacted. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and interested candidates are advised to apply ASAP.