- Company: Equity Group Foundation
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Project Management Jobs in Kenya
The Equity Group Foundation was established in 2008 in recognition of the need to scale up the existing corporate social. responsibility (CSR) initiatives of the Equity Bank Group. The Foundation acts as the institutional home for the Group’s social initiatives and interventions. The Foundation’s aim is to catalyze the socioeconomic prosperity of the people of Africa by giving opportunity to the millions at the bottom of the pyramid to be incorporated into the modern economy. This is by leveraging on the Equity Bank Group’s infrastructure. The Foundation recognizes the diverse nature of the socio-economic needs of the people of Africa and has identified six programme areas on which it lays its emphasis. These are: Education and leadership Development, Agriculture, Entrepreneurship, HeaI.th, In novation and Environmental Sustainability. These programme areas support the Foundation in realizing its vision and mission.
The Foundation is currently seeking to recruit a talented, innovative and results oriented individual, to fill the following position: -Senior Manager Monitoring & Evaluation
Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitor and facilitate program progress measurement, reporting and tracking compliance with donor requirements and internal program quality systems.
- Conduct complex data analysis processes and reporting for all relevant purposes for the preparation of quarterly reports, annual reports for partners and board reports.
- Take lead in drafting, consolidation, and submission of program reports to program partners, Equity Group Board and the contribute to the preparation of the annual impact report.
- Contribute towards improvement in result-based reporting and quality of reports to donors/partners and internal reporting structures.
- Prepare technical briefs and special papers on key thematic areas of focus and strategic program achievements
- Facilitate the implementation of the MEL plan, regularly revising and updating performance questions, indicators, methods, and formats.
- Coordinate and participate in regular field monitoring visits and submit field visit reports.
- Periodically review and advise on the development of tailor-made MEL tools.
- Take charge of data quality management for the programme and ensure integration of data quality standards in reporting of programme achievements.
- Supervise the management of the EGF Data Management and Information System to facilitate effective access to data/information and efficient managerial decision making.
Design and Planning:
- Develop and facilitate the review of the programme Theory of Change, MEL frameworks and tools including the specific program MEL plans, log frames, performance monitoring plans and indicator reference sheets.
- Provide technical input in the development of compelling grant proposals and concepts with strong and well-articulated MEL sections.
- With support from the Associate Director and other MEL Managers, develop and test systems and processes to respond to the demands of adaptive programming.
- Support the integration of successful approaches in routine MEL practices.
- Organize and facilitate training on the application of result-based monitoring and evaluation in program design, management, and reporting.
- Prepare MEL activity concepts, annual works plans and budgets.
- Develop and implement cost-effective and real time data collection systems and tools including but not limited to the use of mobile devices and digital survey tools.
- Serve as a key liaison person with EGF program team, finance, operations, procurement, and management teams in MEL related matters.
- Developed a close working relationship with external partners including donors, Government, private sector and Non-Governmental organizations in MEL practice and collaborations.
- Proactively work with the MEL team and key stakeholders to resolve and/or disseminate key risks, issues and best practices identified through the programme monitoring work.
Evaluation and Learning:
- Take lead in conducting internal evaluations, assessments, tracer studies and other relevant special studies on periodic basis.
- Facilitate quarterly program reviews against the set KPIs and draft program review reports to EGF management and partners.
- Developing terms of reference(s), scope of works, selection, and supervision of external service providers/consultants.
- Coordinate external program evaluations and assessments and ensure learning is understood and disseminated to all the relevant stakeholders.
- Coordinate the Identification and documentation of result-oriented case studies, success stories and other qualitative progress reporting methods periodically.
- Champion the application of participatory research/ appraisal in conducting social research for monitoring and evaluation purpose for the foundation programs.
- Organize and conduct capacity enhancement forums for the relevant program staff in the performance of monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Represent the MEL department and the foundation whenever called upon in external meeting and forums with stakeholders.
- Regularly review and improve the MEL system by seeking stakeholder inputs and through consultations with MEL practitioners in other organizations.
- Lead the program team in periodic program reviews and facilitating lessons learned workshops.
- Provide technical support and build capacity of staff through organizing and facilitating tailor made training opportunities.
- Mentor and coach junior MEL staff within the department aimed at improved performance and enhanced staff motivation.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- In collaboration with the other MEL staff, plan and conduct internal program quality assessments including periodic data quality assessments.
- A Master’s degree in either monitoring and evaluation, social statistics, project planning and management, development studies or related course.
- Relevant professional certifications and training in monitoring and evaluation and project cycle management.
- Practical knowledge of using data analysis softwares such as; SPSS, Python, STATA and NVivo.
- Demonstrate understanding of monitoring and evaluation for donor funded programmes and especially in the education sector.
- Over 10 years progressive experience in the field of monitoring and evaluation.
- Hands on experience in setting MEL systems and frameworks
- Familiarity with new trends in the MEL field preferably in the development sector.
- Experience in conducting program evaluations, including designing data collection tools/instruments, data visualization and presentation and successfully drafting MEL technical reports.