Supply Chain Operations Associate Job, Current Supply Chain Jobs In Kenya,
Join Our Team
We’re working to make quality medicines affordable for the 2.5 billion patients worldwide who access primary health care at their local drug shop. Not long ago, we started with app that tracked medication sales and inventory at these drug shops and clinics. Now we are moving into medication supply chains, partnering with suppliers to ensure that effective medicines are stocked in pharmacies across East Africa, and that they have the working capital to optimize their shops. Our software is used by hundreds of pharmacies in Africa to support hundreds of thousands of patients each year.
For the people who use our software, it represents a way of tracking business decisions and accessing deals and working capital. For patients, we help strengthen supply chains and ensure that the medicine that they buy will be affordable and consistently high quality, in a setting where 1 in 10 products is counterfeit or substandard .
Maisha Meds was first built by a multidisciplinary team at Stanford University that is passionate about supporting the health sector in East Africa. Our team is based in Kenya and has funding from Stanford University’s Biodesign Program and Center for Innovation in Global Health as well as D-Prize , the , the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation , Merck’s Digital eHealth Accelerator in Nairobi, GIZ, and the Dioraphte Foundation .
Who We’re Looking For
We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent team member who would join our operations team with a focus supply chain and the development of our growing restocking platform. An ideal candidate has experience in sales and operations. This candidate enjoys a fast-paced working environment, loves working with and interacting with customers, and re-iterating systems to improve the customer experience. This candidate is a customer-centric leader who will effectively bring pharmacies onto the Maisha Meds platform and voucher program and work to tailor the program to best suit our pharmacy partners and patients.
- Process the medication orders that come from our clients
- Develop aftersales strategy and customer care approach, including managing customer service line, mapping out touch points to ensure customers continue to be engaged with the reorder system and providing follow-up advice and training as-needed. Ensure this is done in systematic way such that customers have outstanding experience with Maisha Meds reorder feature
- Support in the development and refining of the systems used to track the reordering process
- Conduct inventory stock takes, data entry and training to ensure high-quality data is in system. -Support streamlining and scalability of onboarding process
- Diploma in pharmacy or other related field
- 2+ years working in enterprise, sales, research or training, experience in medical or pharmaceutical field a plus
- Prior experience working with Excel, ODK, Dedoose and/or other quantitative and qualitative research tools
- Humility, empathy, and a sense of humor. We are a small team that cares deeply about our work, and it is essential that we work well together
- You care deeply about what we’re building and how it may change how healthcare is accessed for millions of patients.
- A passion for building world class product with a desire to see it scaled widely
Why you should come work with us
Our company aims to take the best of Silicon Valley, including the technical expertise, rapid iteration, and agile processes, and apply its approach to solving problems that affect millions across sub-Saharan Africa. We are dedicated to our work and care deeply about our product’s impact, the clients and patients who use our software, and the company’s success. You’ll join our leadership team to grow a small startup to a company serving tens of millions of people.
Start date is ASAP , and compensation is commensurate with experience.
If you are interested, we’d love to hear from you. Please get in touch with a CV and some information about why you are interested in our company and this role at [email protected] with the subject line “Supply Chain Operations Associate”. Thank you!