- Company: Mabati Rolling Mills Limited (MRM)
- Location: Kenya
- State: - Athi RiverMachakos
- Job type: Contract
- Job category: - Mabati Rolling Mills Limited Jobs in KenyaStore-keeping Jobs in Kenya
Mabati Rolling Mills Ltd (MRM) is the flagship company of SAFAL GROUP, which is the leading manufacturer of flat and long steel products in Africa. Safal was incorporated to consolidate the operation of several allied companies in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Ethiopia, South Africa, Zambia, Angola and Malawi. The group’s companies have Galvanizing lines in Kenya , Uganda and Tanzania. We run the Aluminium -Zinc and Color Coating lines in Kenya, thus we are the first Company to implement the Aluminium-Zinc technology in Africa. In Kenya, the service centres are at Thika, Mombasa,Kisumu + Kisii.
Plan and organize day to day warehouse operation in consultation and effective co-ordination with MRM Warehouse Team Lead and MRM Warehouse Manager to ensure that all objectives of function are achieved.
- Physical checking, counting and receiving adhering to SOPs to maximizes throughput.
- Manage inventory of all SKU’s across the BS and Insteel Business Unit (raw materials, work in process, finished goods, traded items, spare parts and consumables in the factory as well as in the service centres) and establish controls to ensure the BU is operating at the highest level of performance based on key performance metrics and minimized supply chain risk.
- Receiving inventory accurately and in a timely manner, verifying product quality, using appropriate technology, and maintaining necessary records
- Maintaining the quality of inventory by using proper storage and handling equipment and procedures and first-in-first-out procedures.
- Implement visual management standards and stacking measures for easy access and tracking of products.
- Reduce false out of stock situation and lost sales by improving Inventory visibility and accuracy.
- Ensuring that customs regulations are met in the bonded store
- Inventory visibility and accuracy through accurate cycle count and physical reconciliation of Inventory against SAP ERP system as well as root cause analysis and reporting on any stock differences.
- Adherence of Safety norms & policy compliance and implement 5S to make warehouse safer and productive.
- Picking and Shipping of material against the customer sales orders following the dispatch plan, in order to achieve maximum On Time In Full deliveries
- Ensure material movement based on FIFO work flow system in warehouse.
- Effective utilization of MHE – Crane, Forklifts, etc. and improve worker productivity.
- Effective coordination with Production, Dispatch, and Sales team for smooth flow of receipt & issue of material
- Analyse inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Improve Inventory visibility and availability of material as per the requirement which will help our sales team to achieve their targets.
- Better Inventory control by identifying and review the non-moving Inventory lying at warehouses and sharing the data on monthly basis for the utilization plan.
- Focused approach on Inventory Management & Control by performing cycle count, ABC analysis, reconcile Safety Stock etc.
- Directed, optimized warehouse activities to reduce picking time and product touches
- Increase employee productivity and put-away throughput.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain.
- Certified courses in Supply Chain.
- Member of IIMM / IFPSM / CIPS / APICS body.
- Work experience of 12+ years in ERP based Supply Chain
- Preferred industry – Manufacturing, FMCG